Congo puffer was sick

Oh no! Sick fish?! Come here and see if someone can help!
Forum rules
Read this before posting!!

Since this board has been up, we have found there are several questions that routinely get asked in order to help diagnose problems. If you can have that information to begin with in your post, we'll be able to help right away (if we can!) without having to wait for you to post the info we need.

1) Your water parameters - pH, Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrates and salinity (if appropriate). This is by far the most important information you can provide! Do not answer this with "Fine" "Perfect" "ok", that tells us nothing. We need hard numbers.

2) Tank size and a list of ALL inhabitants. Include algae eaters, plecos, everything. We need to know what you have and how big the tank is.

3) Feeding, water change schedule and a list of all products you are using or have added to the tank (examples: Cycle, Amquel, salt, etc)

4) What changes you've made in the tank in the last week or so. Sometimes its the little things that make all the difference.

5) How long the aquarium has been set up, and how did you cycle it? If you don't know what cycling is read this: Fishless Cycling Article and familiarize yourself with all the information. Yes. All of it.

We want to help, and providing this information will go a LONG way to getting a diagnosis and hopeful cure that much faster.

While you wait for assistance:
One of the easiest and best ways to help your fish feel better is clean water! If you are already on a regular water change schedule (50% weekly is recommended) a good step to making your fish more comfortable while waiting for diagnosis/suggestions is to do a large water change immediately. Feel free to repeat daily or as often as you can, clean water is always a good thing! Use of Amquel or Prime as a dechlor may help with any ammonia or nitrite issues, and is highly recommended.

Note - if you do not normally do large water changes, doing a sudden, large water change could shock your fish by suddenly changing their established water chemistry. Clean water is still your first goal, so in this case, do several smaller (10%) water changes over the next day or two before starting any large ones.
T.k
Dwarf Puffer
My Puffers: Tetraodon miurus,Tetraodon fluviatilis,Tetraodon nigroviridis,Chelonodon patoca,Tetraodon lineatus,Tetraodon biocellatus!
Location (country): TW

Congo puffer was sick

Post by T.k »

Congo puffer was sick

1) My water parameters - pH:6, Ammonia:0, Nitrite:0 , Nitrates:0
2) Tank size:30x30x30, Shrimp
3) One week changing the water one-third
4) no changes
5) Two months

I think it should be the relationship of the water mold ,and now existing drug

By the way,what is it?
The puffer fish is my life ^^
Welcome to join me togehter learning "puffers "
scpion
Fahaka Puffer
My Puffers: 23in Mbu, donated to SEA Aquarium
4in Fahaka 150g
Location (country): singapore

Re: Congo puffer was sick

Post by scpion »

Your water reading seems very wrong... As far as I remembered, there no plants in the tanks. There is nothing to absorb the no3. 1/3 water change does not seems enough to have this effect.

Illness looks fungus to me.. I am bad with med so just wait for others to chime in.

Btw I read that the 2 congos and the fahaka used to share the same system.. So watch out for them too. The last 2 pics just looked like normal waste.. Where is that pictured?
I am not a Troll, I am just pissed..!
T.k
Dwarf Puffer
My Puffers: Tetraodon miurus,Tetraodon fluviatilis,Tetraodon nigroviridis,Chelonodon patoca,Tetraodon lineatus,Tetraodon biocellatus!

Post by T.k »

scpion wrote:Your water reading seems very wrong... As far as I remembered, there no plants in the tanks. There is nothing to absorb the no3. 1/3 water change does not seems enough to have this effect.

Illness looks fungus to me.. I am bad with med so just wait for others to chime in.

Btw I read that the 2 congos and the fahaka used to share the same system.. So watch out for them too. The last 2 pics just looked like normal waste.. Where is that pictured?
Sorry,empty fish tank running for more than a month, a week ago put the Congo puffer put down
Nitrite higher than normal, just a little bit
scpion
Fahaka Puffer
4in Fahaka 150g

Post by scpion »

Sorry.. I am going to ask a dumb question... Is the tank cycled? And the kind of filtration that it have now.
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Post by Pufferpunk »

I believe there is not direct filtration on the Congo's system. At least not in the boxes they were living in. It was only a matter of time, before you were going to start losing your puffers. That looks like a horrible case of ich, followed by a bacterial infection, where the parasites have eaten away at the flesh. Poor puffers... I have a feeling worse is yet to come. :(

How's the remaining Congo?
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
scpion
Fahaka Puffer
4in Fahaka 150g

Post by scpion »

I just saw the pic on the other thread.. It should be in a 1ft cube with some kind of undergravel filtration system.. The other Congo is in that same tank though..

I dun want to sound harsh.. There seems to be alot of work for u to improve the living conditions of all the various puffers that u have now... We were all bitten by the " puffer bug " once...
T.k
Dwarf Puffer

Post by T.k »

what drugs?
To save the life of the Congo puffer ?
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles

Post by Pufferpunk »

You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

suvattii2012
Green Spotted Puffer
My Puffers: Arrowhead / Suvattii
Location (country): UK

Post by suvattii2012 »

Looks nasty.
Arrowhead
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles

Post by Pufferpunk »

SEVERE ich infestation. I'm sure this could have been caught earlier.

T.k
Dwarf Puffer

Post by T.k »

I use of xanthate and fungal drug, so Congo puffer has gradually improved, posted the Reference of thank you
suvattii2012
Green Spotted Puffer
My Puffers: Arrowhead / Suvattii
Location (country): UK

Post by suvattii2012 »

T.k wrote:I use of xanthate and fungal drug, so Congo puffer has gradually improved, posted the Reference of thank you
It dont matter what you do, unless you get REAL filters and LARGER tanks they will all die simple. Fish can't be kept in such conditions like you keep them. BIGGER TANKD REAL FILTERS.
Last edited by suvattii2012 on Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arrowhead
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles

Post by Pufferpunk »

I'm glad he's improving but the fight isn't over.

trekenk
Fahaka Puffer

Post by trekenk »

I believe this guy was/is in with the and other congo and fahaka puffers so keep a close eye on the others for any signs of ich before it get this bad.
T.k
Dwarf Puffer

Post by T.k »

Pufferpunk wrote:I'm glad he's improving but the fight isn't over.
I have to go to school, to go home after five days,I hope that five days after they have all been recovered :o