FS: assassin snails and triops eggs

You need it, you want to get rid of it or you have spotted a good deal and want others to know about it? Post about it here.
Forum rules
General Guidelines:
1. TPF Classifieds are intended primarily for advertisement of items related to fish and aquariums.
2. Include your location (City and State or Country) in your post or in your TPF user profile.
3. Posts may include links to commercial sites on the Internet or other commercial sources, but no spamming please :-)
4. No bootlegs, pirated games, spam or any other illegal or objectionable material.
5. Sellers are encouraged to include pictures of the products available for sale.
6. Sellers may "bump" their ad a maximum of three times.

Disclaimer:
- Sellers and buyers accept that this service is offered free of charge. TPF is in no way involved in the actual transaction between buyers and sellers and we cannot guarantee the accuracy of product descriptions or other information posted in TPF Classifieds.

Posting Ads
To help identify what type of classified you are posting, please use the following labels in your post topic:

FS - For Sale ex. FS Dogface in South Carolina
WTB - Wanted To Buy ex. WTB GSP in London area
PALS - Puffer At Local Store ex. PALS Fahaka at PetCo in SanFrancisco
LilGreenPuffer
Former Staff Member
My Puffers: Dwarf puffer - Thumbelina (only mine in my heart now; she lives in CT with my friend)

RIP Inigo Montoya, Fezzik, and Vizinni.
RIP James Bond.
Location (country): United States

FS: assassin snails and triops eggs

Post by LilGreenPuffer »

Hey, I need to unload three assassin snails and some T. newberryi eggs.

The assassin snails are $2 each, and shipping is $12 - they come in a Styrofoam-insulated Priority box with a heat pack.

The eggs are $10 shipped (or $7 if you get the assassins too), and they come with some powdered high-protein food for the hatchlings and a hatching guide. They look similar to T. longicaudatus and their care is identical. Loads of info here (viewtopic.php?f=7&t=21532&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=triops) and at my site (there's a link in my signature).

Triops make excellent puffer food. They're as easy to hatch as brine shrimp, but are the size of adult ghost shrimp. They're incredibly easy to raise, they grow quickly, and they can be fed off at any age/size. T. newberryi gets up to about 2". They don't require filtration, just regular water changes and possibly aeration, and only need a heater if it's cold; stable temperatures aren't too important to them. They'll eat anything that used to be alive, plant or animal, or anything that's sold as fish/shrimp food. If you keep some triops through adulthood, they'll lay thousands of eggs, and you can hatch more. You don't have to hatch them immediately after purchase. The longest recorded diapause period in captivity was 27 years, and they hatched good as new.

They also make really fun pets!

I'll cut you a deal if you want to buy a lot of eggs for puffer food, as long as you actually use them as puffer food and don't resell them in small packages/at a profit.

Some of the parents:
"I will give you a talisman. Whenever you are in doubt, or when the self becomes too much with you, apply the following test. Recall the face of the poorest and the weakest man whom you may have seen, and ask yourself, if the step you contemplate is going to be of any use to him or her. Will she gain anything by it? Will it restore her to a control over her own life and destiny? In other words, will it lead to freedom for the hungry and spiritually starving millions? Then you will find your doubts and your self melt away."

Found among the papers of Mohatma Gandhi

Come and visit http://www.thetriopsforum.com!

I AM A DUDETTE!

NEED NITRIFYING BACTERIA FOR YOUR NEW TANK? PM ME!
hadla
Mbu Puffer
My Puffers: 2 gsps and a big Stars and stripes
Location (country): California

Re: FS: assassin snails and triops eggs

Post by hadla »

hey, would you be willing to trade a few triops eggs for a vial of brine shrimp eggs? i bought it at my lfs last year and i dont think ill ever use them. i can pay you a few dollars if you want. the eggs are 6 grams(net weight as on the card) and the whole package is still sealed.
Never trust big puffers. The fingers you save may be your own. -RTR
LilGreenPuffer
Former Staff Member
My Puffers: Dwarf puffer - Thumbelina (only mine in my heart now; she lives in CT with my friend)

RIP James Bond.

Post by LilGreenPuffer »

I already have loads of brine shrimp eggs and nothing to do with them. Sorry!
"I will give you a talisman. Whenever you are in doubt, or when the self becomes too much with you, apply the following test. Recall the face of the poorest and the weakest man whom you may have seen, and ask yourself, if the step you contemplate is going to be of any use to him or her. Will she gain anything by it? Will it restore her to a control over her own life and destiny? In other words, will it lead to freedom for the hungry and spiritually starving millions? Then you will find your doubts and your self melt away."

I AM A DUDETTE!

hadla
Mbu Puffer
My Puffers: 2 gsps and a big Stars and stripes
Location (country): California

Post by hadla »

lol, its ok. do you usually have triops eggs? cause i cant buy any now, but i want to once i move in april so it will be one less tank to move. i cant wait to hatch some!
Never trust big puffers. The fingers you save may be your own. -RTR
LilGreenPuffer
Former Staff Member

RIP James Bond.

Post by LilGreenPuffer »

I'll probably have them, but you could also get them now and keep them as long as you want. Longest delay between laying and hatching on record is 27 years - no reduction in hatch rate. :)

I AM A DUDETTE!

suvattii2012
Green Spotted Puffer
My Puffers: Arrowhead / Suvattii
Location (country): UK

Post by suvattii2012 »

Triops are great for food i often use them. So is the triopsforum :D
Arrowhead
LilGreenPuffer
Former Staff Member

RIP James Bond.

Post by LilGreenPuffer »

I didn't know you were a member! What's your username?

I'm so rarely on there during the semester... Good thing I have Kannachan13 to help.

I AM A DUDETTE!

suvattii2012
Green Spotted Puffer

Post by suvattii2012 »

LilGreenPuffer wrote:I didn't know you were a member! What's your username?

I'm so rarely on there during the semester... Good thing I have Kannachan13 to help.

Im Tcans lol :shock: Quite a few new members latly.
Arrowhead
LilGreenPuffer
Former Staff Member

RIP James Bond.

Post by LilGreenPuffer »

Ah. I didn't know that was you.

I AM A DUDETTE!

suvattii2012
Green Spotted Puffer

Post by suvattii2012 »

I see yes.
Arrowhead