is this good

Discuss & learn about Mbu, Fahaka, Mappa & other giant puffers.
blackghostknife
Green Spotted Puffer
Location (country): United States

is this good

Post by blackghostknife »

http://www.aquaticeco.com/subcategories ... ith-Window could I put a fahaka in the 150 model?
The woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang the best. Use the talents you possess.

Pufferpunk's biggest fan!!!
PolishPuff
Mbu Puffer
My Puffers: ________

Also cared for;

Fahaka------------------- Had to give it away
Auriglobus modestus-----Traded
Auriglobus silus ---------Died during transport.
Figure Eight Puffers -----Sold and or traded
Dwarf Puffers ------------Traded
Congo Puffer ------------Traded
South American Puffers -Traded
Carinotetraodon lorteti --Died under my supervision :(
Location (country): USA-Chicago, IL

Re: is this good

Post by PolishPuff »

LOL

I would never guess tubs like this exist.

Pricey, but it looks good for fahaka.
"Lost time is never found again" Benjamin Franklin
puffer_addict
Dwarf Puffer
My Puffers: F8- Killa
GSP- Finney
baby GSP- Squirt
Location (country): IL, USA

Post by puffer_addict »

at that price you could just build a tank. plywood tanks are super cheap and easier. Even acrylic is cheap and you can custom size it. near me its 10 dollars per square foot for half inch
blackghostknife
Green Spotted Puffer
Location (country): United States

Post by blackghostknife »

i am not gifted when it comes to building things. It is MUCH cheaper than any tank you could buy around Baton Rouge.
The woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang the best. Use the talents you possess.

Pufferpunk's biggest fan!!!
jus85411
Mbu Puffer
My Puffers: none currently :(
Location (country): USA

Post by jus85411 »

the dimensions are slightly wider than the standard recommended 4x2x2 so that of course is a plus. but unless you live close or they offer free shipping you would be better off going over to petco or a lfs to get the tank. here it is priced at petco online, just the tank. black finish 4x2x2. http://aquariums.petco.com/tc/index.php?action=confirm

if you live close or they offer free shipping it might be worth getting. it only has a front viewing window from what it looks like but as long as you wouldnt mind that long term it will be worth getting.

i like seeing everything in the tank from as many angles as possible. it allows you to see dead spots, which if you have just a viewing window like the link you posted it might allow stuff to get stuck along the front against the wall. which you might not see. its all about how you want to go about circulation at that point. to me its not something i would get because of the color unless it goes with things that surround it and wont look out of place. plus the lack of viewing unless your looking from above and the lines that run around it for "looks"