What did you do with your tank today

Kick back & chat about whatever you feel like. Off topic discussion.
Tim
Fahaka Puffer
Location (country): Sweden

Re: What did you do with your tank today

Post by Tim »

50% water change, took out most of the decorations, rinsed off the bogwood, and rearranged stuff. Also put in an airstone with a small airpump attached. Pig has been happily exploring. He went through the bubbles of the airstone but that frightened him :lol:.

Apparently 2 of the hermits are still alive, though one will shortly be leaving this world. Pig has found him and has been lurking at his shell, sticking his snout into the shell entrance. :D
*A wild water plant appears, Pig the Green Spotted Puffer is intimidated*
Tim
Fahaka Puffer

Post by Tim »

Added more plants today.

Pig has been really into trying to eat this particular hermit. When the shell got moved with the entrance to the gravel Pig lined up with the shell with his body, and bumped into the shell sideways to flip it with his entire body :o, I was impressed.
El Scorpio
Fahaka Puffer
My Puffers: none, at the moment...
Location (country): Louisville, KY.

Post by El Scorpio »

What did I do with my tank today, well let's see... I fed the little cretins in it, then decided to stick my hand in the tank after a live rock that had fallen over, and Camille ripped a HUGE piece out of my finger! You'd be surprised how much that little mouth can open up.
goldielocke76
Fahaka Puffer
Location (country): California, USA

Post by goldielocke76 »

El Scorpio wrote:What did I do with my tank today, well let's see... I fed the little cretins in it, then decided to stick my hand in the tank after a live rock that had fallen over, and Camille ripped a HUGE piece out of my finger! You'd be surprised how much that little mouth can open up.

I don't even put my hand in Luau's tank with out a net ready to keep the little booger from "exploring" my hand and how it tastes. He's usually pretty good, but, he is a predator at heart. Ask bertie about it, I think it was him that said his was mean LoL
5.5g: Pond snails
5.5g: Red Cherry Shrimp and Rams
10g: PZ the Pee Wee (DP), Ghost shrimp, Otos x3
36g: Luau the F8, Zebra nerites x8, sometimes a herd of ghost shrimp for food
60g: Perches the starry blenny, 1 watchman goby Snaps the l.c. hermit, 2 emerald crabs, 1 red crab, 2 turbos, 7 asteas, 2 nerites, 2 clown gobies and 2 firefish gobies (upgrading to a 90 gallon reef)

RIP Yoshi, you are dearly missed <3
Tim
Fahaka Puffer

Post by Tim »

goldielocke76 wrote:
El Scorpio wrote:What did I do with my tank today, well let's see... I fed the little cretins in it, then decided to stick my hand in the tank after a live rock that had fallen over, and Camille ripped a HUGE piece out of my finger! You'd be surprised how much that little mouth can open up.

I don't even put my hand in Luau's tank with out a net ready to keep the little booger from "exploring" my hand and how it tastes. He's usually pretty good, but, he is a predator at heart. Ask bertie about it, I think it was him that said his was mean LoL
My GSP is mortally afraid of anything alive he does not recognize as food. Which means anything but shrimp and snails. So at least I don't have to worry about getting tried out as a snack :P, though I always watch Pig when my hands are groping around in the tank.
goldielocke76
Fahaka Puffer

Post by goldielocke76 »

LoL I bet it's hard to take pictures then ^.^ Luau paces every time he sees the camera...he'll be up at the glass, wigglin' his little butt until I pull out my camera...then all he does is pace up and down in the corner with the heater in it.

LoL, Luau can't help himself when I put my hands in his tank. He's searching for snails, but he want's to pick at my freckles. Little booger, but I love him so much! ^.^

Yoshi's coming tomorrow everyone!! =D I hope she's a weeny, I am rather fond of my hermits and turbos LoL, but I am not holding my breath.
60g: Perches the starry blenny, 1 watchman goby Snaps the l.c. hermit, 2 emerald crabs, 1 red crab, 2 turbos, 7 asteas, 2 nerites, 2 clown gobies and 2 firefish gobies (upgrading to a 90 gallon reef)

goldielocke76
Fahaka Puffer

Post by goldielocke76 »

Completed the arduous task of swapping out the snails from the crappy little 5 gallon aqueon bow aquarium to a 5.5 glass aquarium. Hundreds of teeny tiny little snails had to be picked out of gravel and then dumped in the new tank. I still got some gravel in the new tank, but not like it was. I have always disliked bare bottom aquariums, but I will never ever again have substrate in a snail tank. At least I won't have to put them in a bigger tank. I think a 5.5 gallon is more than sufficient. Now, onto a cherry shrimp tank!

sarahsedaii
Puffer Fry
Location (country): Cookeville, TN

Post by sarahsedaii »

El Scorpio wrote:
xrayjeeper83 wrote:haha Scorpio thats what you get for disturbing her lol
Exactly what I was thinking. Tobies can bite kinda hard too, btw. Don't let the small mouth fool you.

Yeah....teeth hurt! I hand feed mine Cichlid food to help with their teeth (mine will bite a snail, but never really eat it) and every no and again I get nipped. They are very gentle though...
Nuclear_Glitter
Fahaka Puffer
Location (country): North Carolina, USA

Post by Nuclear_Glitter »

Tim wrote:Added more plants today.

Pig has been really into trying to eat this particular hermit. When the shell got moved with the entrance to the gravel Pig lined up with the shell with his body, and bumped into the shell sideways to flip it with his entire body :o, I was impressed.

I have been meaning to tell you for a while now, I absolutely love your puffers name!
"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal." -- Henry Ford
Terrance
Fahaka Puffer
My Puffers: Retired Puffer Addict
Location (country): USA

Post by Terrance »

I just finished rehoming my turgidus and modestus puffer to my bro. I just need to focus on 1 fw and 1 sw tank plus a feeder tank.
Kind regards,
Terrance
wagner7123
Figure 8 Puffer
Location (country): Usa, north pole alaska

Post by wagner7123 »

What didn't I do would be a shorter response. Rearanged the live rock, plucked some bubble algae, cleaned the glass, power heads, and skimmer. Installed my new boost led par 30's(best investment ever). Made some new DI water for the change tomorrow. Did a full water test (0A 0Nitrite, 0-5Nitrate). Bought a new powerhead(korilia nano 425) a refractometer, and a reef test kit. Lots of research on lots of things. finally i fed some live crickets to doofenshmirtz.
I'm pretty sure I have a blue thumb.
chuckfriedrice
Fahaka Puffer
My Puffers: Petey my porcupine Puffer had him since 5/20/2011 about 7 inches now !
Location (country): Royal Palm Beach , Florida - USA

Post by chuckfriedrice »

W/C ,W/C and more W/C . Did the 20 (Spotted hermit) 30 (dwarf Lion ) 75 ( FOWLR ) and the feeder tank ( marble crays ) . I have to do the 170 on weds then its of to Arizona for 6 days .

So every tank has a good cleaning and W/C , all have timers and heaters added in case it gets cold . Someone is coming over 1 or twice to feed everybody .I think ive got everything all set !
170G Picasso Trigger, snails,Damsels, Coral Beauty Angelfish and Diamond Goby .
http://www.youtube.com/user/chuckfriedrice?feature=mhee
bertie 83
My Puffers: lineatus R.I.P, South American puffer. Valentini puffer, porcupine puffer.
Non puffer
Danios, Tetras, Redtail Rasporas,
Harlequins, CAE's, Yoyo
Loaches, Clown loaches ,Eels, various shrimp, tangs,wrasses, damsels, chromis
Location (country): Brighton, England

Post by bertie 83 »

I just did waterchanges and gravel vac. My fahaka was busy pruning and rearranging his new plants, I didnt really like them where they were either. They mostly look better in there new places at the opposite side of the tank to his corner. Not massively fond of the stalks left sticking out of the gravel from the tall plant he couldn't be bothered to move, he bit it off about half inch above the gravel. I am going to bed so will sort it tomorrow, there are clippings from many other plants floating around, all with tell tale teeth marks lol
It's amazing how easy maintenance is. If done regularly and thoroughly
El Scorpio
Fahaka Puffer
My Puffers: none, at the moment...
Location (country): Louisville, KY.

Post by El Scorpio »

Conscripted a bullet goby to replace sleeper goby killed in hostile action with girlfriend's sociopathic blenny. Blenny turned aggressive towards new bullet goby within minutes; sociopathic blenny relocated to friend's 125 gallon tank after successfull search and capture mission. (Note: GF thoroughly displeased by this operation.)
Also, added another 7 pounds of live rock to aquarium - I believe I have all I want; any more may negatively impeade Camille's swimming room and/or drop through the bottom glass of the aquarium. :)
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Post by Pufferpunk »

Cleaned Francis, my fancy GF tank. The hair algae is getting so bad in there he can't even swim around! Been doing this 2x/week, with 90% WC.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"