Mr Betta's ugly new home ;)

Look! A section for non-puffer and/or non-aquarium photos! Oh joy!
J-P
Former Staff Member
Location (country): Japan

Re: Mr Betta's ugly new home ;)

Post by J-P »

goldielocke76 wrote:
JRC3 wrote:How can you live with yourself for keeping a betta in such deplorable conditions? Put him in a tiny bowl where he belongs.

:thumb:

You know, if I didn't see the number of posts you already have, I would have called you out as a troll. So I am assuming you are being sarcastic LoL. Without a winky face or anything, the sarcasm doesn't come across very well :p

Really like the tank and the ferns J-P! Makes me miss my betta ='(

Thanks for having my back ;) If trolling was truly the case, I'd have had him gone quick :P JRC (the third) is pretty cool around here :)
if you follow me, you avoid stepping in the crap that I just did...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZR55G ... pqlgec1A2Q
J-P
Former Staff Member
Location (country): Japan

Post by J-P »

xrayjeeper83 wrote:Goldie thats what the thumbs up smiley face is for LOL

Looks good though J-P
haha it sucks... I know it. That is why I posted it. The SW tank is going to be just epic :D Too bad it is so much $$ to start up :(
if you follow me, you avoid stepping in the crap that I just did...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZR55G ... pqlgec1A2Q
xrayjeeper83
Mbu Puffer
My Puffers: Fahaka named Bloat
Abei named Huey
GSP named Bacon
Location (country): USA

Post by xrayjeeper83 »

Ya SW is a bitch to get started. But cheaper then a FW once up
RTR wrote:Fahakas do not have tank mates, they may have swimming food reserves.
goldielocke76
Fahaka Puffer
Location (country): California, USA

Post by goldielocke76 »

xrayjeeper83 wrote:Goldie thats what the thumbs up smiley face is for LOL

Looks good though J-P

Hey, I was just saying, haha, made me stop and think for a moment LOL. After seeing how many posts he had, I was like "Doh!" Sowee, still new, still learning. Just caught me off guard xD
5.5g: Pond snails
5.5g: Red Cherry Shrimp and Rams
10g: PZ the Pee Wee (DP), Ghost shrimp, Otos x3
36g: Luau the F8, Zebra nerites x8, sometimes a herd of ghost shrimp for food
60g: Perches the starry blenny, 1 watchman goby Snaps the l.c. hermit, 2 emerald crabs, 1 red crab, 2 turbos, 7 asteas, 2 nerites, 2 clown gobies and 2 firefish gobies (upgrading to a 90 gallon reef)

RIP Yoshi, you are dearly missed <3
JRC3
Fahaka Puffer
My Puffers: F8(55g)
F8 (46g)
4-DP(29g)
Location (country): U.S.

Post by JRC3 »

I guess my sarcasm was implied because of the thread title. LOL And yes the "thumbs up" was added to show I was joking. I haven't been around here much lately but you can trust that I've always advocated larger tanks for bettas...Just ask my 3 betta gals in their 10g. This Fall I'm gonna move my 55g peaceful community tank over to a 75g. I want to try the girls in there when that happens. *big wink*
There are many knowledgeable fish keepers on this forum willing to help and give great advice...The advice is free; What you choose to do with it gives it value.
goldielocke76
Fahaka Puffer

Post by goldielocke76 »

JRC3 wrote:I guess my sarcasm was implied because of the thread title. LOL And yes the "thumbs up" was added to show I was joking. I haven't been around here much lately but you can trust that I've always advocated larger tanks for bettas...Just ask my 3 betta gals in their 10g. This Fall I'm gonna move my 55g peaceful community tank over to a 75g. I want to try the girls in there when that happens. *big wink*

My apologies =) I didn't mean to be a butt.

3 betta gals? I didn't know that betta females could live peacefully with each other. Interesting. Just curious: why three females and not a male? I am just curious to the thought process behind that =)
I wish I could have a big tank = / If I could find room for my three vittles vaults, I would seriously consider getting another tank (40g) and get a GSP....I think if my apartment management find out, they might have a cow though. I can't remember if I am even allowed to have fish tanks...
60g: Perches the starry blenny, 1 watchman goby Snaps the l.c. hermit, 2 emerald crabs, 1 red crab, 2 turbos, 7 asteas, 2 nerites, 2 clown gobies and 2 firefish gobies (upgrading to a 90 gallon reef)

xrayjeeper83
Mbu Puffer
My Puffers: Fahaka named Bloat
Abei named Huey
GSP named Bacon

Post by xrayjeeper83 »

females dont fight like males do, and some females are very pretty, the only difference is short fins then the males

Goldie my 1st apt said only up to 40g.....I had a 5, 10, 55, 110 all running at one time, maintenance came in more then once and didnt care at all. Now in my new apt they told me they didnt consider fish a pet so i can have as many as I want LOL...wrong answer for them LMAO
RTR wrote:Fahakas do not have tank mates, they may have swimming food reserves.
goldielocke76
Fahaka Puffer

Post by goldielocke76 »

xrayjeeper83 wrote:females dont fight like males do, and some females are very pretty, the only difference is short fins then the males

Goldie my 1st apt said only up to 40g.....I had a 5, 10, 55, 110 all running at one time, maintenance came in more then once and didnt care at all. Now in my new apt they told me they didnt consider fish a pet so i can have as many as I want LOL...wrong answer for them LMAO
LOL nice! Haha, I think The Commons says only up to 40 gallons...I think....LoL but I have a 20G, a 10g and a 5g....35g all together LMAO. I am still good if that is the case. I want a GSP though. Thinking about the one I saw at Walmart is killing me....

JRC3
Fahaka Puffer
My Puffers: F8(55g)
F8 (46g)
4-DP(29g)
Location (country): U.S.

Post by JRC3 »

goldielocke76 wrote: My apologies =) I didn't mean to be a butt.

3 betta gals? I didn't know that betta females could live peacefully with each other. Interesting. Just curious: why three females and not a male? I am just curious to the thought process behind that =)
No apologies needed...It's all tongue in cheek.

The male would more than likely harm the females. I've read some people have problems keeping female sororities but most do fine. My fish were bought at the same time and I think that helps. I couldn't resist the $0.97 sale at Petsmart several months back. Even when not on sale the females are usually cheaper.
There are many knowledgeable fish keepers on this forum willing to help and give great advice...The advice is free; What you choose to do with it gives it value.
sevenyearnight
Former Staff Member
My Puffers: T. nigroviridis
Balki Bartokomous

Post by sevenyearnight »

My male betta has short fins, he's the giant plakat morh type. He's very handsome!