Remodeled my Marine Puffer Tank

Beautiful, complex and discussed here. The marine fish and reef section.
sgtmyers88
My Puffers: Green Spotted Puffers
Location (country): USA

Remodeled my Marine Puffer Tank

Post by sgtmyers88 »

Decided it was time to replace and remove some aging equipment and do a remodel of the tanks interior environment.
I am still exploring the eventual upgrade so I bought equipment rated for a 125 gallon. ;)
I am just not confident the floor in this older house can hold it, but I may be moving again by next summer anyways.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Semi-Nerf Football "fattie" 4" GSP

My Girlfriends GSP I had to accommodate that is approx 2.5 inches
WARNING: Puffers are mischievous little blimps with enchanting powers. You may not be content with having just one.
El Scorpio
Fahaka Puffer
My Puffers: none, at the moment...
Location (country): Louisville, KY.

Re: Remodeled my Marine Puffer Tank

Post by El Scorpio »

Nice tank, I like it! How do your two GSP's get along?

Also, I had a question: I always heard that it isn't a good idea to have the rock touching the glass inside the aquarium; that the water pressure presses on the rock, rock presses on the glass on whichever little points are touching the glass and can crack or shatter the glass panel. I could maybe see that being an issue on tempered glass, but most aquarium glass is plate. Anyone else hear of such a thing?
sgtmyers88
My Puffers: Green Spotted Puffers
Location (country): USA

Re: Remodeled my Marine Puffer Tank

Post by sgtmyers88 »

Yeah they have been doing alright, I never see any foul behavior from them. I tried to set up caves and complex scenery so they can have places to hide and to break the line of sight so they feel like they are in a bigger place than they really are. I know some loathe the plastic plants but I only see it aiding in breaking up lines of sight and adding color and complexity to the tank. The puffers love to swim thru everything and going over every inch of the plants and rock for something to nibble on.

As for the glass issue, I have heard of that and I guess I can see some validity in that hazard, but I think as long as you have no sharp pointy edges pressing excessive weight against the glass it should be fine.
WARNING: Puffers are mischievous little blimps with enchanting powers. You may not be content with having just one.