plants in QT

Non puffer freshwater discussion. Don't tell your puffers, they'll be jealous!
shaner
Dwarf Puffer
My Puffers: 2 GSP's, 1 IDP, 1 Fahaka
Location (country): Wisconsin,USA

plants in QT

Post by shaner »

So in order to up my snail population i have been buying some plants for my planted tank and i figured i may try some plants in "Little Deuce's" tank... the baby fahaka's tank... somewhere a long time ago i read about a solution that you dip the plants into to make sure there is nothing on them before you put them in your main tank, right now they are int he qt tank along with the snails but i do want to move them... does anyone remember what the solution was to dip them?
Too many tanks, not enough room, maybe i should just flood the basement!!
RTR
Mentor
Location (country): East Coast, USA

Re: plants in QT

Post by RTR »

There are several commercial solutions for theoretically making plants safer for tank use. Being neurotic and compulsive, I QT everything which is alive or has been alive and in water with fish preciously. That does include plants - they get the sane QT as fish. I do run enough tanks that I always have at least one or two unoccupied which can serve as QT for new plants.
Where's the fish? - Neptune
shaner
Dwarf Puffer
My Puffers: 2 GSP's, 1 IDP, 1 Fahaka
Location (country): Wisconsin,USA

Re: plants in QT

Post by shaner »

i plan on keeping them in the qt tank for at least a month, is there anything i should really be looking for before i put them into the main tank, i will see if i can find the solution to dip them before i put them in the final home...
Too many tanks, not enough room, maybe i should just flood the basement!!