Two fish?

Non puffer freshwater discussion. Don't tell your puffers, they'll be jealous!
Camaro95
Figure 8 Puffer
My Puffers: 3 dwarf puffers

Two fish?

Post by Camaro95 »

I'm looking to for two types of fish that can fit in their own 10 gallon.

The first one needs a cool army sounding name like "soldier fish" or "tank fish" or something like that.

The second one needs to be the colour pink. The brighter, the pinkier, the better.

They also need to be relatively cheap and easy to care for.
jus85411
Mbu Puffer
My Puffers: none currently :(
Location (country): USA

Re: Two fish?

Post by jus85411 »

Betta Fish... :)
ironbone
Figure 8 Puffer
My Puffers: 1xgsp---Puff-N-Stuff
Location (country): north america

Post by ironbone »

there is the glo fish,i think they are some type of danio ive seen 3 colors pinkish-orange-greenseem kinda cool get a black lite
J-P
Former Staff Member
Location (country): Japan

Post by J-P »

#2 could be a rosy red minnow.

#1 ??
if you follow me, you avoid stepping in the crap that I just did...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZR55G ... pqlgec1A2Q
Camaro95
Figure 8 Puffer

Post by Camaro95 »

A betta is definitely an option I was hoping more for a smaller community but there doesn't seem to be much.

In order to have a school of rosy reds, I'd need a 20 or 30. I don't think I'm willing to make a pink aquarium that large. lol
jus85411
Mbu Puffer
My Puffers: none currently :(
Location (country): USA

Post by jus85411 »

unfortunately with 10 gallons that really limits what you can do stock wise. what if you could do a bigger tank for the "soldier fish" and stick with a 5 or 10 biocube or something similar with built in filter for a nice looking pink variation of a betta?
J-P
Former Staff Member
Location (country): Japan

Post by J-P »

oh... thought we were talking about a singleton.. didn't know it was a grouping.

Yea that REALLY limits your options.
if you follow me, you avoid stepping in the crap that I just did...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZR55G ... pqlgec1A2Q
Camaro95
Figure 8 Puffer

Post by Camaro95 »

Yeah I know options are limited which is why I'm asking about it. My individual species knowledge isn't the greatest. I don't know much about corries or cichlids.

With that said, I'm also talking about two 10 gallon tanks, not just one. One pink, one for the "armyish" fish.
borgey
Figure 8 Puffer
My Puffers: 1 Tetraodon biocellatus, 3 Colomesus asellus, 4 Carinotetraodon travancoricus
Location (country): U.S.A

Post by borgey »

hrrrmmmm......... army fish
Camaro95
Figure 8 Puffer

Post by Camaro95 »

I have back up ideas for sure, but figured I'd ask for other ideas before my tanks are ready.
JRC3
Fahaka Puffer
My Puffers: F8(55g)
F8 (46g)
4-DP(29g)
Location (country): U.S.

Post by JRC3 »

Pink...Army...It almost sounds like a "don't ask, don't tell" themed tank...Not that there is anything wrong with that.

When my cories line up side by side, at an angle, I always refer to them as fighter planes. Like they are positioned on the deck ready for take-off.

Also, some rummy nose tetra would have a pinkish nose and a black and white striped tail. Though they would probably get a bit large for a 10g.
There are many knowledgeable fish keepers on this forum willing to help and give great advice...The advice is free; What you choose to do with it gives it value.
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Post by Pufferpunk »

OK, if no one will, I've gotta ask... WHY???
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
Troender
Former Staff Member
My Puffers: 1x GSP (Bolla), 1x m. something. Bought as a leiurus, maybe a turgidus (Tiger), 1x c. irrubesco (Tott(a) aka Houdini) 1x c. salivator (Jack the Ripper), 1x m. cochinchinensis (Hufflepuff - R.I.P.), 2x c. lorteti (Tommy and Tigern = Calvin and Hubbes), 1x m. suvatti (Koseklumpen), 1x m. palembangensis (Dragonfly), 2x t. biocellatus (Koken and Fiken).

Post by Troender »

Very few cories will fit into a 10 G tank. Cories are schooling fish, and shouldn't be kept in groups fewer than 5-6 individuals. Only a small group of c. pygmaeus can fit into 10 G.
Inger Anne
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Just think how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of them are even stupider! -George Carlin

Camaro95
Figure 8 Puffer

Post by Camaro95 »

Pufferpunk wrote:OK, if no one will, I've gotta ask... WHY???
Well I've been feeling pretty "crafty" lately and I have had an itch to do something creative with an aquarium since the piano idea came to a crashing halt.

My daughter's favourite colours are pink and silver so I'm trying to make a tank she can have in her room. She loves my fish but they're in a room downstairs with reason for her to go down there (no toys, tv or anything... and it's cold). So I figured I'd make a "girly" decorative tank for her to enjoy upstairs, one she can help create or decorate.

Secondly, I recently came across some old toys of mine as a youngin and rather than donate precious memories to charity or just throw them away, I figured I'd do something creative with them too. This one is done and looks really good, just needs fish. I might just pick up half a dozen neons early next week.

I have some more unqiue ideas for smaller tanks (15-20 longs) and a couple for larger tanks that I want to try before I lose ambition.
Camaro95
Figure 8 Puffer

Post by Camaro95 »

Troender wrote:Very few cories will fit into a 10 G tank. Cories are schooling fish, and shouldn't be kept in groups fewer than 5-6 individuals. Only a small group of c. pygmaeus can fit into 10 G.
Exactly why I need opinions. Also why I haven't bought corries (I don't know enough about them).