GSP behaviour

The forum for those beautiful marine puffers!
MrBlueFox
Puffer Fry

GSP behaviour

Post by MrBlueFox »

I know this is an old topic, about how well people's GSPs behave after migrating to full marine and I have just done the same with my GSP.

I have to say...it's all true, there is a lot less "pacing" and much more interaction with the environment. I really feel bad that he was not like this in my brackish tank, despite the complex/no clear lines of sight theories.

He does sometimes pace, esp if i am wearing a white top (he doesn't seem to like white), but he spends a lot longer napping and "hunting" now.

He follows my large blue-legged hermit around yet without the predatory tail-curling and circling that you see when he's hunting turbo's for instance. It is a joy to watch. This is my first foray into marine and in all fairness, i will never look back.

I promise to post some pictures but not until the tank is matured and you can see a full picture...

Anyway, I just thought I'd share it with you guys - as ever, without your advice on things even as trivial as selecting suitable tankmates and acclimatisation techniques I wouldn't have been half as successful.

Thanks!

N.

PS this tank was built from scratch by someone who knows...KNEW...nothing about FOWLR setups so any questions, please feel free!