anyone have a 6 line with their marine gsp?

The forum for those beautiful marine puffers!
GSPdragon
Dwarf Puffer

anyone have a 6 line with their marine gsp?

Post by GSPdragon »

The monster steal your first born child at night pods were getting out of control in my tank, Wasabi (gsp) and Ginger (gsm clown) weren't interested in eating them (or not enough to make a dent, I did watch wasabi stalk the rock and chomp on it assuming he was going after them)... anyways I decided to risk a 6 line wrasse. She's done an excellent job at taking care of excess pods however she's chasing Wasabi anytime she sees him. He's become reclusive/noctornal since the tank went reef a few months ago anyways and now I really hardly ever see him during the day since she'll chase him away.

Should I worry about this? He still eats w/o issue (although she does try to steal his snails once he's chomped into them)... I keep expecting him to turn around and chomp her but he swims away when she come after him.

So far he's a wuss... even swimming happily with my not so bright chromis who seem to follow him around like lost puppies LOL
Nick
Former Staff Member
My Puffers: Mine:
GSPs - Shakespeare and Jillybean
F8 - Velvet
My fiance:
DP - Emma Goldman
Narrow Lined Puffer - Ulrike
Location (country): Northeastern USA

Post by Nick »

It's not only stressfull for the puffer, but might not turn out well for the wrasse... if Wasabi decides he's had enough one day, it will probably be long dead by the time you find out.
No matter how magnificent your successes or devastating your failures, the worlds' approximately 5 billion impoverished people could not possibly care less.
GSPdragon
Dwarf Puffer

Post by GSPdragon »

well I should note that Wasabi doesn't actually appear stressed... his color never changes and he doesn't rush off to hide/run... just swims the other way. I'm shopping for a seperate tank for him locally/used now regardless though so I can get him back to FOWLR in hopes he loses a bit of the noctornal hunting behavoir and comes out more during the day (I don't think he likes the bright lights on the tank) so hopefully that will happen before any issues arise with the wrasse. I was just surprised that it was the wrasse and not the gsm clown who gives him trouble... wrasse also doesn't seem interested in the gsm or chromis.