Porcupine Puffer Question

The forum for those beautiful marine puffers!
HRPuffersnStuff
Figure 8 Puffer

Porcupine Puffer Question

Post by HRPuffersnStuff »

Hello all,

Last month I started working at Petco in the Aquatics department, and last week we got in the first porky since I have been there. I immediately went out to the local supermarket and bought cockles, shrimp and even some squid. I was working with him to get him to eat before someone bought him only to find out he wouldn't eat when they got him home. He had almost no interest though, even tried brine shrimp and blood worms. Well we had a problem with ich, so my manager treated with kent marine a few days ago, and I believe one of my co-workers added melafix at some point. Yesterday was water-change day (every monday) and I did a 20 percent change. Today he turned purple, his eyes turned white, and we had to euthanize him. :rip: Does anyone know what could have caused this to happen to the little guy?

Rant:::
It is frustrating for me to think that he could still be living happily in the ocean somewhere. Today, our entire shipment of saltwater came in dead. The water temperature was 48 degrees because our supplier did not add enough heat packs. :(