My GSP puffed

The forum for those beautiful marine puffers!
Troender
Former Staff Member
My Puffers: 1x GSP (Bolla), 1x m. something. Bought as a leiurus, maybe a turgidus (Tiger), 1x c. irrubesco (Tott(a) aka Houdini) 1x c. salivator (Jack the Ripper), 1x m. cochinchinensis (Hufflepuff - R.I.P.), 2x c. lorteti (Tommy and Tigern = Calvin and Hubbes), 1x m. suvatti (Koseklumpen), 1x m. palembangensis (Dragonfly), 2x t. biocellatus (Koken and Fiken).

Post by Troender »

Cool! :D

I never have seen any of my puffers do it yet. Well, some of them has been in my house for a very short time, so they haven't had much time to practice. But still, 8 puffers and I've never seen anyone puff!

Wow, I would like to see a mbu puff! How big is Clooney now, Manutius?
Inger Anne
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Just think how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of them are even stupider! -George Carlin

manutius
Former Staff Member
My Puffers: RIP Clooney the Mbu :(

Post by manutius »

Congrats on capturing the elusive full puff picture 8)

Troender, Clooney is 16 inches excluding tail I would say so approaching 20 inches if you count his gorgeous tail :D. So pretty so placid so cool, I love my little boy :D
Troender
Former Staff Member
My Puffers: 1x GSP (Bolla), 1x m. something. Bought as a leiurus, maybe a turgidus (Tiger), 1x c. irrubesco (Tott(a) aka Houdini) 1x c. salivator (Jack the Ripper), 1x m. cochinchinensis (Hufflepuff - R.I.P.), 2x c. lorteti (Tommy and Tigern = Calvin and Hubbes), 1x m. suvatti (Koseklumpen), 1x m. palembangensis (Dragonfly), 2x t. biocellatus (Koken and Fiken).

Post by Troender »

I envy you that one, that's for sure. :D
But I don't envy all the space that fish needs.
Mmmm...wish I had room for mbu and fahaka. I wish, I wish, I wish... They are so beautiful! And it seems to me, the larger the puffer is, the more personality it has, so a mbu must have much personality!
Inger Anne
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Just think how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of them are even stupider! -George Carlin

The Fisherman
Fahaka Puffer

Post by The Fisherman »

Nice pic! I only saw mine 'half-puffed'.
-John
stevenlk
Puffer Fry

Post by stevenlk »

where do the little prickly spikes come from? do they just have them under the folds in their skin. i have seen the under belly of mine when he swims against the glass, and it has pores like dimple-holes.
manutius
Former Staff Member

Post by manutius »

Troender wrote: so a mbu must have much personality!
I would like to think Clooney has personality by tthe bucket load 8)
manutius
Former Staff Member

Post by manutius »

stevenlk wrote:where do the little prickly spikes come from? do they just have them under the folds in their skin. i have seen the under belly of mine when he swims against the glass, and it has pores like dimple-holes.
They are under the skin and special muscles pull them erect I think. I asked this question about the dimples on my Mbu, no one seemed to know what they were but that was my suspicion too :D
Troender
Former Staff Member

Post by Troender »

Manutius, if I ever get over to England again, you will find me on your doorstep, wanting to see Clooney :-D I have never seen a mbu, except in pictures, but they look gorgeous! But there is someone I know here where I live, that is talking about getting one. As I have said many times: I wish I had room for one!

Actually I haven't seen much puffers except the ones I have bought. The only puffers that I've seen, that didn't follow me home, is suvatti and dwarf, but I wish for the suvatti, though :-) If he continues to totally hide himself in sand, maybe no other buyers see him, and he still will be for sale in May, when I can afford to buy him :-) Ooooh! I want him!

And I've never seen a marine puffer! (If I don't count the GSP).

PS: Hufflepuff tried to bite me through the glass several times again today. He really is an aggressive puffer! I love them that way :lol:
Inger Anne
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

manutius
Former Staff Member

Post by manutius »

What about putting a deposit down on the suvatti?
Troender
Former Staff Member

Post by Troender »

That could be an idea, now that it's only a month left. At least I will take a phone there on Monday. Or maybe already tomorrow. Then I can get the exact price. Last time I got the "I think it's about 1000 kroner" (Norwegian currency). He was a beauty :D Huge and beautiful :D
Only a pity that Eduardo (the man that has been there both the time I've bought my puffers there) is gone on a trip to his homeland. He is so helpful and nice. And has a good relationship to the puffers in the shop. When I bought Hufflepuff he said to me: "Treat him well. He is my "boy" you know" :-) If he sees the film I have of Hufflepuff eating his shrimp, he would be proud :lol:
Inger Anne
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

manutius
Former Staff Member

Post by manutius »

Indeed he would, let us know how you get on 8)
Troender
Former Staff Member

Post by Troender »

HE IS MIIIIIIINE! Sorry for shouting, but they will keep him for me until the first week of May (when I will have the money). So I got him! :hyper:
He was even cheaper than I was first told :D

And BTW, they've also got several F8... That's one more puffer I have wanted. But I don't have room for any more now...I think...
Inger Anne
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

taly
Figure 8 Puffer
My Puffers: Abei, 2x Salivator, 3x Irrubesco

Post by taly »

You got the suvatti?! :grats:
natalie
Troender
Former Staff Member

Post by Troender »

taly wrote:You got the suvatti?! :grats:
Yes, he is mine :happydance:
The only problem is that they also have F8 there now... Wish I had the room. I'm already trying to find place for them too. That's the bad part when you get 9 tanks at the same time. You suddenly have room for more fish...
The suvatti will be my 9th puffer! And my 7th puffer species. I am absolutely crazy! :durr:
Inger Anne
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

taly
Figure 8 Puffer
My Puffers: Abei, 2x Salivator, 3x Irrubesco

Post by taly »

Yes! ;) Soon you will puff up and breath in water. :lol:
I'm glad I don't live in Oslo.. :P I would probably have more puffers then... But when I'm moving I don't have space! :(

But I'm only 20 ;P I've got more time :lol:
natalie