Update on Wasabi & Ginger

The forum for those beautiful marine puffers!
GSPdragon
Dwarf Puffer

Update on Wasabi & Ginger

Post by GSPdragon »

It's been a few weeks since Wasabi (GSP) has been full marine and had his gold banded clown tankmate (Ginger). They are still doing wonderfully, although I only have 2 strip flourescent lights I'm also keeping anthelia, green star polyps, xenia, and a kenya tree (all frags from my overgrown already 24g aquapod reef)... Wasabi doesn't pick at them at all so far. There are also still a good number of hermit crabs running around so he hasn't decided to eat them yet, probably because he is very well fed on ramshorn snails and all the food he steals from the clown (it will be interesting to see how this dynamic changes as they mature but for now the clown is afraid of him and stays out of his way at feeding time... except for trying to get a spare snail and then looking confused when she gets to one LOL)

The big move from MI to NJ happens on Saturday, my fingers are still crossed for a quick and safe trip.. I have their 50g to move, along with my 24g reef, 5g snail breeder, 5g cherry shrimp breeder, 5g betta, and 3g betta. Plus my 2 1/2 yr old daughter, dog, and two cats.. should be a fun day eh? LOL
kass
Green Spotted Puffer
Location (country): Canada

Post by kass »

Good luck with the move!
JustinPSmith
Figure 8 Puffer

Post by JustinPSmith »

Thats cool that Wasabi doesnt eat your corals! Mine eats EVERY coral that comes near his tank! Doesnt bother hermit crabs though...kinda weird. How big/old is Wasabi? It will be interessting to see how they grow together too! Its funny you mention the clown staying away from the puffer during feeding cause there was a bit of an accident the other night during feeding in my tank...My chromis DO NOT stay away from Don Juan, my GSP and one got its head bitten off by accident...Wasnt pretty. Don Juan actually did it and immediately hid in his cave and didnt come out again that night. Ive never seen him leave food uneaten in his tank. It was really sad. He actually has not been the same for days now since it happened...Dont know if he knows something was wrong or what but hes very quite and slow now. What happened was he and a chromis were going for the same piece of squid and puffer got chromis as well as the piece of squid...It was a total accident! Anyways, good luck with your move!
saynever
Figure 8 Puffer

Post by saynever »

where in NJ? i am a resident of this great :roll: state myself.

do yourself a favor, turn around, and go the other direction. :wink: