Puffed puffer

The forum for those beautiful marine puffers!
puffanutter
Puffer Fry

Puffed puffer

Post by puffanutter »

My Valentini puffer seems to be bloated and it's not from eating too much. Is there anything I can do to help her? No bullying fish and water perameters are normal. Please help
brian
Puffer Fry

Post by brian »

There is a way to burp them if they have ingested air its very stressful from what i know about it and i don't have enough knowledge on it to tell u how to do it. So lets wait till someone with alittle more knowledge responds. You might wanna post ur actual readings of your water theres alot of people that consider something normal thats not.
Colour3985
Puffer Fry

Post by Colour3985 »

I believe if you hold him with his mouth upwards, and gently rub his tummy in an upwards, kind of circular motion it will help ease the air out through his mouth. I think there are directions on how to do this somewhere On the site- try the library or glance through the "sticky"s in other sections of the forum-- good luck!!
*~Beth~*
Boxermom
Former Staff Member

Post by Boxermom »

Tina

Puffers: Auriglobus silus x1, Tetraodon travancoricus x1, Tetraodon turgidus x1, Tetraodon miurus x1, Tetraodon nigroviridis x2, Tetraodon baileyi x2, Tetraodon lineatus x1, Tetraodon palembangensis x1