Scats and puffers

The forum for those beautiful marine puffers!
HRPuffersnStuff
Figure 8 Puffer

Scats and puffers

Post by HRPuffersnStuff »

Allrighty,

I have been dancing around starting a saltwater setup... at the very least in the 125-210 range... I have two scats being kept in medium brackish water at the moment... Would it be possible for me to keep these with a porcupine puffer? I REALLY REALLY want to get one of these little guys, but I would like to keep my scats as well, which are about 4 inches, and I would like to get them into marine. Has anyone heard of these being housed together before? I guess if I cannot keep them together I can just transfer my two GSPs in the marine setup instead... Any suggestions/ideas for a new setup?
mikeosoft
Figure 8 Puffer

Post by mikeosoft »

I met a guy who said he kept a large scat with a stars and stipes puffer, so I think it could work. My porcupine is pretty docile towards fish that are too large for him to eat.
Meander
Dwarf Puffer

Post by Meander »

My porc is very docile towards all vertebrates. Scats are also known for eating aiptasia!!! That's a big bonus.

If you started with a small porc - and baby porcs are something no one should miss out on - you should be fine.
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Post by Pufferpunk »

I don't see why not.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"