What should I feed my porcupine?

The forum for those beautiful marine puffers!
AK Grizz
Puffer Fry

What should I feed my porcupine?

Post by AK Grizz »

I got a porcupine puffer and a gobie at the same time, and I forgot exactly what I got for food, it's ????? 1 & 2. Problem is the food floats and gets sucked into my sump. My puffer seems to like to eat off the bottom, which is bad for my snails, but at least he is eating. I have fed him peas and he does like those, but what else should I try?
Boxermom
Former Staff Member

Post by Boxermom »

There's a food article on the main page of this site. It should help.
Tina

Puffers: Auriglobus silus x1, Tetraodon travancoricus x1, Tetraodon turgidus x1, Tetraodon miurus x1, Tetraodon nigroviridis x2, Tetraodon baileyi x2, Tetraodon lineatus x1, Tetraodon palembangensis x1
gagned
Dwarf Puffer

Post by gagned »

I find with mine, he will pretty much eat anything as long as I cut it into small enough pieces for him to chew on. I feed mine thawed frozen shrimp (with the shell still on it), formula one and two, snails, peas as a snack, and the occasional mussel/clam (although his GSP tank mate usually will go for the mussels and clams before my porc can get to them).

Make sure you thaw out the frozen foods before you feed your porc (I stick the food in a bowl of water for a few minutes). If you cut up and thaw out the formula foods (1 & 2), they usually (but not always) will sink.

Hope that helps! Good luck!

Dan