I got a nibbler

The forum for those beautiful marine puffers!
petebsbll
Puffer Fry

I got a nibbler

Post by petebsbll »

Well my puffer wont take no for an answer and is always wanting more food. I guess he got mad that I didnt feed him for a few hours and decided to go to work on my power cord and maxi-jet rubber suction cups. Luckily he couldnt break through the plastic to the wires on the power cord but he did manage to eat an entire suction cup. I noticed at first half of it was missing and now the other half is gone as well ! Grrrr .... do you think this will make it out of his body ok ? He is about 8 inches long and always looking to get into trouble!

Thanks

-Peter
Boxermom
Former Staff Member

Post by Boxermom »

My allegedly female baileyi bit a couple of chunks out of the new bubble wand the first night I put it in her tank, but I found the pieces floating around on the surface. I'd be very nervous about them passing large chunks of undigestible plastic though.
Tina

Puffers: Auriglobus silus x1, Tetraodon travancoricus x1, Tetraodon turgidus x1, Tetraodon miurus x1, Tetraodon nigroviridis x2, Tetraodon baileyi x2, Tetraodon lineatus x1, Tetraodon palembangensis x1
puffergeek
Figure 8 Puffer
My Puffers: 7 Carinotetraodon travancoricus
1 Carinotetraodon irrubesco
1 Dichotomyctere nigroviridis
Location (country): US

Post by puffergeek »

Are you sure he didn't spit out the bits? My F8 used to be a hole punch with live plants, and I would find tiny, round bits in my filters.

I have to chuckle, but I know this is serious... sorry. I've been lucky with my puffers so far.

Can you afford an overflow and put everything in a sump? Still... this makes it hard to keep powerheads and such. Perhaps put cords in small diameter PVC pipes?

I'd also make sure you're plugged into a GFI in case he makes it through the plastic.