Tobies together and other tank mates?

The forum for those beautiful marine puffers!
martini57
Figure 8 Puffer
Location (country): US

Tobies together and other tank mates?

Post by martini57 »

Hey everybody, I'm starting a fowlr tank and would appreciate some input on stocking it. It's 75 gallons and I know that I would like to have a Valentini puffer, but I also really love the leopard Toby puffer. Can I have both? Also, what other fish would be recommended? I was thinking some green chromis, tail spot goby, flame angel, possibly a pair of clowns. From what I have read online, ocellaris clowns are the best to start off with? This is my first saltwater tank, so I am trying to ask as many questions as I can before I start stocking it. Thanks!
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Re: Tobies together and other tank mates?

Post by Pufferpunk »

I have kept 2 species of tobys together without issues.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
martini57
Figure 8 Puffer
Location (country): US

Post by martini57 »

PP- if you don't mind me asking, which species did you keep together? also, as far as stocking the tank goes, how many other fish could I have besides the 2 toby puffers in a 75g?
kolmae
Puffer Fry
Location (country): Bangladesh

Post by kolmae »

martini57 wrote:Hey everybody, I'm starting a fowlr tank and would appreciate some input on stocking it. It's 75 gallons and I know that I would like to have a Valentini puffer, but I also really love the leopard Toby puffer. Can I have both Paris airport limousine service? Also, what other fish would be recommended? I was thinking some green chromis, tail spot goby, flame angel, possibly a pair of clowns. From what I have read online, ocellaris clowns are the best to start off with? This is my first saltwater tank, so I am trying to ask as many questions as I can before I start stocking it. Thanks!

Thanks, I like puffer but my best like is green chromis.