combining tanks, maybe

The forum for those beautiful marine puffers!
Pufferman
Dwarf Puffer
My Puffers: 1 GSP
Location (country): Texas

combining tanks, maybe

Post by Pufferman »

I have a 65 reef tank for my puffer almost done from the forty gallon upgrade, but I was thinking I should put him in my other 72gallon bowfront tank which houses my 2 - 2 1/2 foot Zebra Moray Eel. The eel is hand raised from juvenile stage and never ate smaller fish. I just want one tank with health happy fish, please help me make the right choice. BTW the puffer is shy of a juvenile snowflake in his tank but the big eel is way more docile, I have even hand fed him and seen he likes gentle human handling. Rhe previous owner spent a LOT of time with him.
65g reef with GSP,sleepy head goby, and a small snowflake eel. Some small corals also
72g bowfront reef with a pair of clowns, 2 1/2foot zebra moray eel, another 2 1/4foot Zebra moray eel, and a blue chromis. Some large corals also.
Pufferman
Dwarf Puffer

Re: combining tanks, maybe

Post by Pufferman »

I just hand fed the eel today after letting him settle in for a bit and the bugger almost ate both of my snowflake clowns. I need to keep the clowns from going full retard while I feed the eel. They were bouncing of his head right after he smelled the white wild caught gulf shrimp.
65g reef with GSP,sleepy head goby, and a small snowflake eel. Some small corals also
72g bowfront reef with a pair of clowns, 2 1/2foot zebra moray eel, another 2 1/4foot Zebra moray eel, and a blue chromis. Some large corals also.
Pufferman
Dwarf Puffer

Post by Pufferman »

He is a bad buttocks eel, I hope I can keep it with my puffer.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Post by Pufferpunk »

The eel is hand raised from juvenile stage and never ate smaller fish.
Yet...
the bugger almost ate both of my snowflake clowns.
:?
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
RTR
Mentor
Location (country): East Coast, USA

Post by RTR »

I would not keep predator and prey together, period.
Where's the fish? - Neptune
Pufferman
Dwarf Puffer

Post by Pufferman »

How do y'all feel obout keeping the puffer in the 65 with the Nemos for now while the puffer is still pretty gentle and just keep the big Zebra in the 72 gallon with a cleanup crew? I do value and appreciate your time and advice after reading threads for dummies. And will more than likely do what y'all advise. I didn't buy the Nemos they came with the bowfront tank and I took a liking to them, but not enough to rehome the eel or puffer espescially.
Sumo2001
Puffer Fry
Location (country): England

Post by Sumo2001 »

Pufferman wrote:How do y'all feel obout keeping the puffer in the 65 with the Nemos for now while the puffer is still pretty gentle and just keep the big Zebra in the 72 gallon with a cleanup crew? I do value and appreciate your time and advice after reading threads for dummies. And will more than likely do what y'all advise. I didn't buy the Nemos they came with the bowfront tank and I took a liking to them, but not enough to rehome the eel or puffer espescially.
The zebra shouldn't eat any fish as they're crustacean eaters my 4ft and 2 ft ones leave all my small fish alone just can't keep crabs or snails with them just need good filtration as they eat a lot :lol: