GSP Growth Spurt

The forum for puffers that either live or start in brackish biotopes: GSPs, F8s, Ceylons & more.
Psymon
Puffer Fry
My Puffers: Hugo - Tetraodon nigroviridis - Green Spotted Puffer GSP
Location (country): Germany

GSP Growth Spurt

Post by Psymon »

Hi Puffer fans,

Since my initial post. (viewtopic.php?f=37&t=33786) I had a GSP with needed the dentist and a Complete FW Tank.

I have since been changing the water parameters by a maximum of 0.002 SG with the new Refractometer I ordered :) I am using Instant Ocean for the Salt. As well as doing the much needed dentistry on my GSP.

I cannot confirm this information with any hard facts, but I have noticed overall health difference in the little guy. In my original Post on the 10th of March, he was about 3.5in (8.89cm) he is now heading fast towards 3.6 (9cm)! Which is quite insane i think for 17 days!!! I also noticed his belly doesn't go so grey anymore.
So I think the combination of good dentistry better water conditions 1.006 SG has made a noticeable improvement in his life.

So I hope this will encourage those a little who haven't quite crossed the border to move from FW to BW and also to ask if anyone else has seen results like this? Growth Spurts!?
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Re: GSP Growth Spurt

Post by Pufferpunk »

You're doing everything right! My guess is he may have been stunted, due to poor water conditions & overgrown teeth.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
Iliveinazoo
Fahaka Puffer
My Puffers: 1xFigure 8
Location (country): UK

Post by Iliveinazoo »

Flipping heck, you've got some measuring device there to measure a moving target to 2.54mm accuracy.

I'm only playing, I'm glad that he's perked up for you.
bertie 83
My Puffers: lineatus R.I.P, South American puffer. Valentini puffer, porcupine puffer.
Non puffer
Danios, Tetras, Redtail Rasporas,
Harlequins, CAE's, Yoyo
Loaches, Clown loaches ,Eels, various shrimp, tangs,wrasses, damsels, chromis
Location (country): Brighton, England

Post by bertie 83 »

Iliveinazoo wrote:Flipping heck, you've got some measuring device there to measure a moving target to 2.54mm accuracy.

Lol it's 11mm is it not?
Just goes to show what difference a little salt can make, keep going the way you are heading and you will not be dissapointed
It's amazing how easy maintenance is. If done regularly and thoroughly
Iliveinazoo
Fahaka Puffer
My Puffers: 1xFigure 8
Location (country): UK

Post by Iliveinazoo »

bertie 83 wrote:
Iliveinazoo wrote:Flipping heck, you've got some measuring device there to measure a moving target to 2.54mm accuracy.

Lol it's 11mm is it not?
Just goes to show what difference a little salt can make, keep going the way you are heading and you will not be dissapointed
I converted 0.1 inch instead of just looking at the milimetres...doh
RTR
Mentor
Location (country): East Coast, USA

Post by RTR »

For the compulsive who have an urge to measure your fish: Tape a flat plastic ruler to the glass of the tank and take several shots to get at least one which is full profile. Use calipers to measure the S.L. (standard length) of the fish in the photo and move the calipers to the ruler image it read the reasonably accurate S.L. It really is not difficult, but do try to have the camera at a right angle to the tank front, and both the ruler and the fish as close to the midline of the shot as possible improves accuracy.

FWIW, HTH
Where's the fish? - Neptune