GPS water flow preference?

The forum for puffers that either live or start in brackish biotopes: GSPs, F8s, Ceylons & more.
Tigger86
Puffer Fry
Location (country): Ohio, united states

GPS water flow preference?

Post by Tigger86 »

I'm looking for add a wave waker to my tank to help with a few dead spots and over all tank flow... my concern Is how my puffer with react... my tank is a 30 gal brackish SG 1.016

So my question is do gsp's have a preference on water movement? Or does anyone have any advice on how to choose the right size wave maker?
RTR
Mentor
Location (country): East Coast, USA

Re: GPS water flow preference?

Post by RTR »

Dead spots are a no-no for any fish - they complicate keeping the substrate clean and safe. Areas of coherent current for exercise, such as along the front glass, are highly desirable but should not be so strong that the fish cannot swim against it. Other areas, including some partially sheltered areas for napping and/or sleeping are desirable, as well as free-standing decor which the fish can scan/search for food/prey will help keep activity up.

True wave makers are potentially a bit difficult to manage in smallish tanks, at least the ones I have tried were. I just use several pumps/filters with output easier to direct/control.

HTH
Where's the fish? - Neptune