new here ..hello to all

The forum for puffers that either live or start in brackish biotopes: GSPs, F8s, Ceylons & more.
postram
Puffer Fry
Location (country): Bolton near Manchester uk

new here ..hello to all

Post by postram »

Hi there iam mark in Bolton Lancashire uk , I have just joined this forum ,and like to say hello , I have 2 (gsp) in a 24x24x24 tank with coral sand 4 inc deep and sea rock (approx. 25 kilo) ,java moss and java fern , l am just at the mid end brackish water (sg)reading , and going up to 1.0015 slowly , my puffers are approx. 3 1/2 inc long approx. 1 year old I would say , has they were 1 inc when I got them, a year ago ( are they slow growers ????? ) they are pretty stocky, iam feeding them snails ,bloodworm ,krill , live snails ,mussels, clams, lobster bits ,any seafood stuff (fresh)
I do hope iam doing the right thing ,views welcome and any help (pics to follow )

ho I did make the mistake at 1st to put in 2 black mollies m/f and 2 plattys m/f (thinking the GSP would eat them..... big mistake ,I now have 50 plus baby's swimming about too, should a remove the other fish ( also I know its better to keep GPS alone but they seem to get on and sleep together too :D
anyway thank you for having me ,hello to you all from cold dull Bolton town uk
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Re: new here ..hello to all

Post by Pufferpunk »

[welcome]
I do think the puffers will eventually eat those mollies. How often are you feeding the puffers? Great diet, BTW!
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
postram
Puffer Fry

Post by postram »

hiya , ever other day, I feed the puffers ,I have found feeding them everyday they get like , are food again hu!.
Yes I was shocked when they looked at the mollies ,has hiv to say Hu! what the hell are you and swam away , I was looking for wop, thank you !!! he was nice , they don't seem to be into live kills , apart from snails . maybe there Conscientious objectors ????? :D
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Post by Pufferpunk »

Give them time... ;)
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
bertie 83
My Puffers: lineatus R.I.P, South American puffer. Valentini puffer, porcupine puffer.
Non puffer
Danios, Tetras, Redtail Rasporas,
Harlequins, CAE's, Yoyo
Loaches, Clown loaches ,Eels, various shrimp, tangs,wrasses, damsels, chromis
Location (country): Brighton, England

Post by bertie 83 »

I would remove the mollies, they are just adding bio-load. Try to keep krill out of their diet as there is a possibility of lockjaw related to the feeding of this food. By the time they reach this size they should really be in their forever home of 30g per puffer. Welcome to the forum
It's amazing how easy maintenance is. If done regularly and thoroughly
postram
Puffer Fry

Post by postram »

hi there thank you for that ,I will remove the mollies ,and plattys , and stop the krill feeding too , any body got any other advice ???
cheers mark