GSP Breeding

Are your puffers feeling a little naughty & lil ones are the result? Post your findings here!
Ajepalmer
Figure 8 Puffer
My Puffers: 1x 220g Tank
1x Dog Faced Puffer
1x Porcupine Puffer
1x Blue Spotted Stingray
1x Lionfish
3x Clownfish
2x Anemone
5x Red Knob Starfish
5x White Sand Starfish
Location (country): USA

Re: GSP Breeding

Post by Ajepalmer »

LilGreenPuffer wrote:
Pufferpunk wrote:
DYF wrote:Bit of clove oil, simple ;)
I wouldn't...
Agreed. Sedate fish only when necessary, and try to avoid clove oil when possible. It has serious risks and can cause brain damage.
I read that about brain damage somewhere else, has anyone first hand experienced it, or is there a specific study focused towards finding that
There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

I have found that the reason a lot of people are interested in artificial intelligence is the same reason a lot of people are interested in artificial limbs: they are missing one. -- David Parnas
purplecandle
Mbu Puffer
My Puffers: Currently
2 Adult Green Spotted Puffers
1 Fangs Puffer
1 Baby Green Spotted Puffer
Location (country): USA (NC)

Post by purplecandle »

I swear I am not following you around today! Read this puffer dentistry article..about half way down it talks about the dangers of clove oil..library/hospital/dentistry/
J-P
Former Staff Member
Location (country): Japan

Post by J-P »

Myaj has has problems with clove oil. Apparently it is very carcinogenic. MS-222 is also but to a much milder degree (so I have read).
if you follow me, you avoid stepping in the crap that I just did...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZR55G ... pqlgec1A2Q
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Post by Pufferpunk »

I had a weak puffer, due to starvation, die from using clove oil on it for dentistry. Last time I used it.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
Nick
Former Staff Member
My Puffers: Mine:
GSPs - Shakespeare and Jillybean
F8 - Velvet
My fiance:
DP - Emma Goldman
Narrow Lined Puffer - Ulrike
Location (country): Northeastern USA

Post by Nick »

Clove oil scares me too much after witnessing at least two incidents where another member's fish died from it. Unlike many of the stories about this or that killing a fish(iodized table salt, LOL), this wasn't something that happened to a "friend of a friend."

Scared me enough that I did not sedate the fish when I had to trim. He was a little sport though, and surprisingly only hated me for about half a day.
No matter how magnificent your successes or devastating your failures, the worlds' approximately 5 billion impoverished people could not possibly care less.
jus85411
Mbu Puffer
My Puffers: none currently :(

Post by jus85411 »

lol nick i could almost imagine that!
Ajepalmer
Figure 8 Puffer
1x Dog Faced Puffer
1x Porcupine Puffer
1x Blue Spotted Stingray
1x Lionfish
3x Clownfish
2x Anemone
5x Red Knob Starfish
5x White Sand Starfish

Post by Ajepalmer »

Nick wrote:Clove oil scares me too much after witnessing at least two incidents where another member's fish died from it. Unlike many of the stories about this or that killing a fish(iodized table salt, LOL), this wasn't something that happened to a "friend of a friend."

Scared me enough that I did not sedate the fish when I had to trim. He was a little sport though, and surprisingly only hated me for about half a day.
lol video?
There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

I have found that the reason a lot of people are interested in artificial intelligence is the same reason a lot of people are interested in artificial limbs: they are missing one. -- David Parnas
Nick
Former Staff Member
F8 - Velvet
My fiance:
DP - Emma Goldman

Post by Nick »

Sorry, LOL, don't have one. I was also able to kind of take my time, and get it perfect, since I was holding him underwater.
No matter how magnificent your successes or devastating your failures, the worlds' approximately 5 billion impoverished people could not possibly care less.
Ajepalmer
Figure 8 Puffer
1x Dog Faced Puffer
1x Porcupine Puffer
1x Blue Spotted Stingray
1x Lionfish
3x Clownfish
2x Anemone
5x Red Knob Starfish
5x White Sand Starfish

Post by Ajepalmer »

Nick wrote:Sorry, LOL, don't have one. I was also able to kind of take my time, and get it perfect, since I was holding him underwater.
poor little guy. Probably turned black as charcoal :lol:

Nick
Former Staff Member
F8 - Velvet
My fiance:
DP - Emma Goldman

Post by Nick »

Actually that was the funny thing, he was bright as the moon in the night sky the whole time, he mostly didn't even struggle, just kept trying to bite me when I got the nippers near his mouth. Didn't try to puff, either. I think he was actually trying the "intimidation" thing on me, acting the tough-guy. Now, once I let him go, there was panic and fleeing and hiding behind his big stick.
Ajepalmer
Figure 8 Puffer
1x Dog Faced Puffer
1x Porcupine Puffer
1x Blue Spotted Stingray
1x Lionfish
3x Clownfish
2x Anemone
5x Red Knob Starfish
5x White Sand Starfish

Post by Ajepalmer »

haha that is awesome. Sounds like a puppy. That would have been a great video to see. I should youtube it