Congo Puffer Food

Dwarf, Red Eye, South American & more. Freshwater puffer talk in here.
npwein
Puffer Fry
Location (country): United States

Congo Puffer Food

Post by npwein »

I purchased a Congo Puffer about 6 months ago, everything is going good but I am still trying to get him off live food, I have tried bloodworms, Krill, shrimp, silverslides, is there anything anyone has had success with? He will eat earthworms and feeder fish no problem at all. Thanks!

Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Re: Congo Puffer Food

Post by Pufferpunk »

You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
npwein
Puffer Fry
Location (country): United States

Post by npwein »

Thanks for the link, I have tried everything on that list even soaking in garlic, he ignores all of the food, I have tried powerheads to push it around, chopsticks to bounce it around, when I start doing that he just burros in the sand and waits, I have drug food over his head while he is in the sand, nothing has worked that is why i was asking here, didn't feed the puffer for 5 days and he would still not accept dead food.
River4R
Puffer Fry
Location (country): USA

Post by River4R »

Seems to me this might be a BIG chore considering their instinct is to hide and ambush; I have a lurker (Orange Abei) and he has eaten dead once but seems very unenthusiastic. Throw something live in and it's a blood bath of aggression.
dmond31
Dwarf Puffer

Post by dmond31 »

I Had to tie a string around the tail of a shrimp so I could pull it back and forth to guy my Congo to start eating. perhaps the chopstick or your hands are the problem You know what they say Congo's don't want be fed. They want to hunt