Small Fahaka

Dwarf, Red Eye, South American & more. Freshwater puffer talk in here.
Eddie
Puffer Fry
Location (country): Nova scotia Canada

Re: Small Fahaka

Post by Eddie »

Biff Malawi
Dwarf Puffer

Post by Biff Malawi »

Well he looks pretty good to me. When you say three inches are we talking body only or including tail? If he is healthy and eats well I think he will grow more. Maybe he is just a late bloomer like I hope mine is.

My Fahaka is about 14 months old and is only about 7" including tail. I got her at about an inch and she has been alone in a 180 since I got her. Well fed, weekly 50% water changes, powerhead for current, live shrimp occasionally for fun and exercise. Still she is much smaller than I expected by now. I hoping for the year two growth spurt.LOL.

Actually I'm kinda OK with it she looks so good with all that swimming space, I worry about a 180 being big enough for a full size Fahaka.
Stand Tall, Be Brave, Wait For The Signs
Eddie
Puffer Fry

Post by Eddie »

Biff Malawi wrote:Well he looks pretty good to me. When you say three inches are we talking body only or including tail? If he is healthy and eats well I think he will grow more. Maybe he is just a late bloomer like I hope mine is.

My Fahaka is about 14 months old and is only about 7" including tail. I got her at about an inch and she has been alone in a 180 since I got her. Well fed, weekly 50% water changes, powerhead for current, live shrimp occasionally for fun and exercise. Still she is much smaller than I expected by now. I hoping for the year two growth spurt.LOL.

Actually I'm kinda OK with it she looks so good with all that swimming space, I worry about a 180 being big enough for a full size Fahaka.
Three inch is tail and all...Best of luck with yours
Eddie
Puffer Fry

Post by Eddie »

Picture bump..lol..hope its allowed