my tanks (1)

Dwarf, Red Eye, South American & more. Freshwater puffer talk in here.
T.k
Dwarf Puffer
My Puffers: Tetraodon miurus,Tetraodon fluviatilis,Tetraodon nigroviridis,Chelonodon patoca,Tetraodon lineatus,Tetraodon biocellatus!
Location (country): TW

my tanks (1)

Post by T.k »

hello~
I have a three tanks in the house(Taiwan)

first 1

85gal(324L)
700watt heater
Trickle filters 2500L/H
White cotton two-tier
Ceramic ring three-tier
specific gravity 1.006 -1.008

Find a few puffer in here? XD
trekenk
Fahaka Puffer

Re: my tanks (1)

Post by trekenk »

I love the ornament work you got going on T.K. but if I may make a few suggestions. First off why no gravel? Your fish will be more happy with saturate and more decoration to explore and hid. I'm counting at least 7 GSP in that tank correct ? Each of those puffers needs 30 gallons minium. They get to be the size of a nerf football so the 85 gallon would be good for 2. Are you planning to upgrade and go high brackish to marine in the future?
jus85411
Mbu Puffer
My Puffers: none currently :(
Location (country): USA

Post by jus85411 »

that seems to be a mix of F8 and GSP which is a big no no. granted you might not have been told better, but GSP's require like said above 30 gallons minimum and marine conditions. F8 should be at around 1.005 and require 15 each. otherwise, welcome!
T.k
Dwarf Puffer
My Puffers: Tetraodon miurus,Tetraodon fluviatilis,Tetraodon nigroviridis,Chelonodon patoca,Tetraodon lineatus,Tetraodon biocellatus!

Post by T.k »

trekenk wrote:I love the ornament work you got going on T.K. but if I may make a few suggestions. First off why no gravel? Your fish will be more happy with saturate and more decoration to explore and hid. I'm counting at least 7 GSP in that tank correct ? Each of those puffers needs 30 gallons minium. They get to be the size of a nerf football so the 85 gallon would be good for 2. Are you planning to upgrade and go high brackish to marine in the future?
thanks you like my the ornament work,
gravel!!?Because...Facilitate cleaning!!!
but, i do not know "each of those puffers needs 30 gallons minium."
and i can not to upgrade and go high brackish to marine in the future
8GSP^_^
but,there are 15 puffers in here
The puffer fish is my life ^^
Welcome to join me togehter learning "puffers "
bertie 83
My Puffers: lineatus R.I.P, South American puffer. Valentini puffer, porcupine puffer.
Non puffer
Danios, Tetras, Redtail Rasporas,
Harlequins, CAE's, Yoyo
Loaches, Clown loaches ,Eels, various shrimp, tangs,wrasses, damsels, chromis
Location (country): Brighton, England

Post by bertie 83 »

So you have mixed puffers? Not good I'm afraid. Your fish will be happier with substrate in there.
It's amazing how easy maintenance is. If done regularly and thoroughly
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Post by Pufferpunk »

Adding aragonite sand will buffer the pH & keep it steady, around 8. We are hobbyists here, not fish-keepers. ;) Cleaning our tanks (& gravel) is a labor of love.
+! on the advice of mixing species.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
T.k
Dwarf Puffer

Post by T.k »

bertie 83 wrote:So you have mixed puffers? Not good I'm afraid. Your fish will be happier with substrate in there.
yes,my mixed five kinds of varieties. do not worry ,Because they have coexisted for more than six months XD
just one the puffer fish have lived for two years .

Pufferpunk wrote:Adding aragonite sand will buffer the pH & keep it steady, around 8. We are hobbyists here, not fish-keepers. ;) Cleaning our tanks (& gravel) is a labor of love.
+! on the advice of mixing species.
i know ^^ You're right.

I used to Add aragonite
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles

Post by Pufferpunk »

yes,my mixed five kinds of varieties. do not worry ,Because they have coexisted for more than six months XD
6 months or 2 years is very little time for a species that can live up to 20 years old. I'm sorry to say, if you continue keeping them like this they won't last nearly that long. I know this may seem harsh but I'm being honest with you.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

T.k
Dwarf Puffer

Post by T.k »

Pufferpunk wrote:
6 months or 2 years is very little time for a species that can live up to 20 years old. I'm sorry to say, if you continue keeping them like this they won't last nearly that long. I know this may seem harsh but I'm being honest with you.
so i just each of those puffers needs 30 gallons minium?
15puffer:450gallons(1710Liter)??
bertie 83
My Puffers: lineatus R.I.P, South American puffer. Valentini puffer, porcupine puffer.
Non puffer
Danios, Tetras, Redtail Rasporas,
Harlequins, CAE's, Yoyo
Loaches, Clown loaches ,Eels, various shrimp, tangs,wrasses, damsels, chromis
Location (country): Brighton, England

Post by bertie 83 »

Gsp need 30g. What other puffers do you have in there? You should not mix puffers at all!
It's amazing how easy maintenance is. If done regularly and thoroughly
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles

Post by Pufferpunk »

30g is a good start for an adult (6") GSP. There are articles on the GSP & F8, in the Library Forum.

sgtmyers88
My Puffers: Green Spotted Puffers
Location (country): USA

Post by sgtmyers88 »

We are not trying to flame you, as we see you are obviously a huge puffer lover which is AWESOME 8) but we merely wish set you right as this is a forum for all who love puffers and we all wish to help each other get the most we can with our aquatic friends and give them a long happy life. :D

Now if you can get 2-3 30 gallon tanks and a couple 55 gallon tanks set up you may be able to sustain the others. The ones you have to be the most careful about space and separation is with the GSP's as they will be the most aggressive, especially when they get older, plus you need a dedicated tank to them for full marine conditions that the other puffers (such as the Figure 8's) will not be able to sustain in. If you have too many GSP's you may have to consider re-homing some of them.

You did an awesome job on the unique decor! However I agree that some sand or crushed coral would not hurt or even some regular gravel. The puffers can be a little finicky about open spaces like that and become stressed.
WARNING: Puffers are mischievous little blimps with enchanting powers. You may not be content with having just one.
T.k
Dwarf Puffer

Post by T.k »

sgtmyers88 wrote:We are not trying to flame you, as we see you are obviously a huge puffer lover which is AWESOME 8) but we merely wish set you right as this is a forum for all who love puffers and we all wish to help each other get the most we can with our aquatic friends and give them a long happy life. :D

Now if you can get 2-3 30 gallon tanks and a couple 55 gallon tanks set up you may be able to sustain the others. The ones you have to be the most careful about space and separation is with the GSP's as they will be the most aggressive, especially when they get older, plus you need a dedicated tank to them for full marine conditions that the other puffers (such as the Figure 8's) will not be able to sustain in. If you have too many GSP's you may have to consider re-homing some of them.

You did an awesome job on the unique decor! However I agree that some sand or crushed coral would not hurt or even some regular gravel. The puffers can be a little finicky about open spaces like that and become stressed.
I asked a question,how much puffers can survive in 85 gallons?
Arny
Mbu Puffer
Location (country): uk

Post by Arny »

T.k wrote:
sgtmyers88 wrote:We are not trying to flame you, as we see you are obviously a huge puffer lover which is AWESOME 8) but we merely wish set you right as this is a forum for all who love puffers and we all wish to help each other get the most we can with our aquatic friends and give them a long happy life. :D

I asked a question,how much puffers can survive in 85 gallons?
3 gsp's
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles

Post by Pufferpunk »

[quote]You did an awesome job on the unique decor! However I agree that some sand or crushed coral would not hurt or even some regular gravel. The puffers can be a little finicky about open spaces like that and become stressed.[quote]
Yes, I wanted to comment also about this. Very unique designs, love the ceramic city! Those are great for housing good nitrifying bacteria, too. :)

But I do agree--your puffers will feel more at "home" & secure, in a heavily-decorated tank. Here was my 55g GSP tank. I had to re-home though, because they outgrew it.

All fake decor. ;)