Arothron meleagris

This forum is now archived.
blackghostknife
Green Spotted Puffer
Location (country): United States

Arothron meleagris

Post by blackghostknife »

for personality I found a site that says it is one of the more peaceful puffers and is very personable.
The woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang the best. Use the talents you possess.

Pufferpunk's biggest fan!!!
Black Widow

Re: Arothron meleagris

Post by Black Widow »

blackghostknife wrote:for personality I found a site that says it is one of the more peaceful puffers and is very personable.
I have one of these puffers, see my pics in Puffer Pix section. It lives with a ceylon puffer and emperor angel peacefully in the sametank. If you are getting one be warned they are not easy to take care of like an SNS Puffer or a Porcupine puffer as they have a "Coral Preference Diet" which means basically its a very picky eater!!
But they are beautiful and very rare I got mine for $35 as the fish guy sold me it at SnS Puffer prices these can retail for around $100 and up depending where you go ;)
blackghostknife
Green Spotted Puffer

what I mean is that the personality section under this species should be changed from unknown to something like," One of the more peaceful puffers,"
The woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang the best. Use the talents you possess.

sevenyearnight

Post by sevenyearnight »

It would be very helpful if you had references.
greenspottedlover
Fahaka Puffer
My Puffers: 1 GSP
Location (country): Vermont

Post by greenspottedlover »

Could you maybe provide links to multiple sources? Also just because one site says this does not mean it is true. I learnt this because I saw on a site (can't remember where :? ) that a GSP could be kept in a 20g. tank, now I'm stuck with one till I can afford another larger tank.
blackghostknife
Green Spotted Puffer

xrayjeeper83
Mbu Puffer
My Puffers: Fahaka named Bloat
Abei named Huey
GSP named Bacon
Location (country): USA

Post by xrayjeeper83 »

I hate seeing stuff like that......really makes me wanna try a sw tank even more lol
RTR wrote:Fahakas do not have tank mates, they may have swimming food reserves.
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Post by Pufferpunk »

Can't really go by a site trying to sell the fish. Some will say anything to make a sale.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
Corvus
Mentor

Post by Corvus »

The linked text is wrong in many instances... uncitable... (seen the male/female explanation for the color morphs on the right?)

The color morphs are nothing that changes with the age of the puffer and are not related to the gender, this is simple xanthism (Xanthochromism, Xanthorism can also be used)... really nothing complicated... but (as with dragon eels) if you want to sell an expensive fish it's good to create a myth...

But to get back to the topic I tend to agree that this species in general is a little less aggressive than A. reticulatus or A. hispidus, kind of comparable to A. nigropunctatus, although I think it depends more on the specimen itself than the species.
Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day. Give a fish a man, and he'll eat for weeks.
RTR
Mentor
Location (country): East Coast, USA

Post by RTR »

Unfortunately, keeping fish in the WWW era is definitely ideal training ground for cynics and skeptics. I already was, but if I had not been such already, I would be now.
Where's the fish? - Neptune