Library Updates

This forum is now archived.
Black Widow

Library Updates

Post by Black Widow »

I have been going through the mess of the library and reordering everything to make it easier to find the information your looking for! New Categories and Article Ordering system.
Go through it tell me what you think, is there anything that could be done to make it better?

More Articles, updates etc etc let me know...

kk, thx BW
purplecandle
Mbu Puffer
My Puffers: Currently
2 Adult Green Spotted Puffers
1 Fangs Puffer
1 Baby Green Spotted Puffer
Location (country): USA (NC)

Re: Library Updates

Post by purplecandle »

There is something I have always wanted to see in the pp. It won't hurt my feelings if it doesn't happen, I just want to toss the idea out there.

Ok..for each profile there is an"other notes" section. In that section I would like to see some infor added...

Ok for the cochinchinensis, the turgidus and the abei...
For these three puffers I would like to see in the other notes section perhaps some minimum guidlines for telling the three apart. OR at a minimum some info that says or encourages people to get the puffer id'd by forum members.

I keep that info written down, but Corvus would know more and would know which sources to cite.

Those 3 puffers are the ones we most often have to id in the forum so that is why I suggest those three, but you could also do something similar for the fahaka and cross river...and then for the arigulobus (forgive me if I can't spell that one)..

Just an idea..take it or leave it
Corvus
Mentor

Re: Library Updates

Post by Corvus »

One could link to good threads where IDs of such puffers are discussed (most of the necessary information is already available in the forum). I think in general (not only ID) linking the pedia to forum threads about a specific species or group of species is a good idea. The same applies to the library, in this case not only species related threads should be linked but threads related to the topic of the article.
Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day. Give a fish a man, and he'll eat for weeks.