can someone please help me???

This forum is now archived.
dovla935
Dwarf Puffer
My Puffers: tetraodon lorteti(red eye puffer)
Location (country): croatia

can someone please help me???

Post by dovla935 »

hi...I need to learn more about tetraodon palembang...need someone who have that kind of puffer.do I need extra sand,plants for him,what kind of food he likes,size of tank and other stuff....
Dadof4
Tech Team
My Puffers: 1 GSP (Microfiche) RIP, 1 Monotrete Turgidus (Leon) in a 30gal. 1 Monotrete suvattii in a 40 gal FW. 120 gallon BW with 3 juvenile Dragon Gobies (so cool). 55 gal with a 2" GSP named Hank. 180 gallon being set up for a Fahaka in the next few months!
Location (country): United States

Re: can someone please help me???

Post by Dadof4 »

ug.php/v/PufferPedia/Freshwater/T_Palembangensis/
library/feeding/feeding-your-puffers/

Monotrete Palembangensis eat like most other puffers. They have a liking for earthworms and need to be fed hard shelled foods like snail and crabs. If you follow the article on feeding you will be OK. Tanks set up doesn't need to be a huge tank as they are lurkers. They do need a few caves to hide in and some plants (silk work best) to move around in. They are ambush predators and do like to hunt their food. I know the article on them says they are piscivores but they will do good with pre killed silversides but I would keep that to a minimum. I used to raise Mollies for my piscivores to make sure they are disease free.
"Darwin swings...annnnnnd a miss. Boy Jim, Chuck's suffered at the plate tonight. He's 0 for 3 and I'm not sure he's recovered from that shoulder pull a few weeks ago. I'll bet the front office is re-thinking that contract."
dovla935
Dwarf Puffer

Post by dovla935 »

thanks mate...I have 350lt tank for him..so he don t swim to much..ok that is good.my pet shop will have him in a month so I need to build a nice home for that little dragon.ok thanks...
RTR
Mentor
Location (country): East Coast, USA

Post by RTR »

I used live plants with mine, but I generally do when the fish is not a plant eater.

Their "crunch" requirement is not as high as many puffers. Their incisors look more like fangs than plates, not as broad as most puffer's incisors. I did try live guppies, but the beast never seemed to catch them, so they became a breeding colony where it was not wanted. I removed them and went to the frozen silversides.

That is a huge tank for a Palembang's puffer. Mine was in 40 US gallon, ~ 12x48x17.5 inches, but with a sump/reversed light cycle veggie filter.
Where's the fish? - Neptune
dovla935
Dwarf Puffer

Post by dovla935 »

can I put male and female together in that size of tank?
Dadof4
Tech Team
My Puffers: 1 GSP (Microfiche) RIP, 1 Monotrete Turgidus (Leon) in a 30gal. 1 Monotrete suvattii in a 40 gal FW. 120 gallon BW with 3 juvenile Dragon Gobies (so cool). 55 gal with a 2" GSP named Hank. 180 gallon being set up for a Fahaka in the next few months!

Post by Dadof4 »

RTR wrote:I used live plants with mine, but I generally do when the fish is not a plant eater.

Their "crunch" requirement is not as high as many puffers. Their incisors look more like fangs than plates, not as broad as most puffer's incisors. I did try live guppies, but the beast never seemed to catch them, so they became a breeding colony where it was not wanted. I removed them and went to the frozen silversides.

That is a huge tank for a Palembang's puffer. Mine was in 40 US gallon, ~ 12x48x17.5 inches, but with a sump/reversed light cycle veggie filter.
Yeah, I definitely like live plants vs silk but with a brand new tank and seems like a new owner I say silk to start. I really do think live would be better in the long run.
"Darwin swings...annnnnnd a miss. Boy Jim, Chuck's suffered at the plate tonight. He's 0 for 3 and I'm not sure he's recovered from that shoulder pull a few weeks ago. I'll bet the front office is re-thinking that contract."
RTR
Mentor

Post by RTR »

I am a plant nut, admitted. In the house,in the yard, on the decks, in the tanks. I had a plant room before I had a fish room. I would love to cover the roof as well.

My first SW invert tank was filtered with an algae filter - in the 1960s. Why do folks think that refugia are new?
dovla935
Dwarf Puffer

Post by dovla935 »

can someone lock this post?I can t get answer from you guys so why bother...thanks
Dadof4
Tech Team

Post by Dadof4 »

This is a discussion board and we do get to discussin'.

To answer your male/female question, you cannot house two of this species in the same tank. They are breedable but not housebale together.
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Post by Pufferpunk »

dovla935 wrote:can someone lock this post?I can t get answer from you guys so why bother...thanks
You really need to be more patient. This is a rarely found species, so not as many folks have personal experience with it.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
RTR
Mentor

Post by RTR »

I have never heard of their being co-housed successfully.

I never tried it. I have no info on their wild territory size, but it is similar to other puffers, it would not be easily matched in captivity.