This forum is now archived.
Aquarist
Green Spotted Puffer
Location (country): New York

A few typos found!

Post by Aquarist »

ug.php/v/PufferPedia/Brackish/T_Nigroviridis/

Common Name: Green Spotted Puffer

Other Common Names: GSP; Leopard Puffer; Spotted Green Puffer; Occasionally incorrectly as Green Puffer

Family: Tetraodontidae

Distribution: S.E. Asia: Esturaine rivers and floodplains; Mangrove swamps

Water Parameters: High brackish to marine salinity; Temp: 23–26C (73 - 80F ); pH: 7.0 - 8.3

Personality/Temperament: Agressive to other tankmates, especially with age. Hunts for food.

Max. Size: 6.5 inches (17cm)

Estimated Lifespan: ~15 years

Sexual Dimorphism: Unknown. Cannot tell genders apart by eye.

Diet: Mollusks and crustaceans. Needs to be fed a regular diet of hard-shelled creatures to guard against beak overgrowth. Feeding and Diet article

Care: Requires medium to high-end brackish water, and usually thrives in marine conditions. Introduce to a fully cycled aquarium, and raise the specific gravity by at least 0.002 per week, aiming for 1.015. As GSP's are active and agressive <- This is supposed to be aggressive, not agressive. puffers, allow at l <- This cut off..... No clue what its supposed to say

Breeding: Unknown. No records of captive breeding.

Minimum Tank Size: 30 US Gallons (115 liters)

Links to Other Resources: PufferPunk on GSPs

ug.php/v/PufferPedia/Brackish/T_Fluviatilis/

Care: Try to introduce T. fluviatilis to an aquarium with a salinity mathcing <- this is supposed to be matching. that of the store tank. Slowly raise the salinity to marine levels by a maximum of SG=0.002 / week. These are active, larger puffers that do best in 40 gallon or larger tanks.

Theres what I have found when I was looking at the pufferpedia. Have a good one!
J-P
Former Staff Member
Location (country): Japan

Re: A few typos found!

Post by J-P »

Aquarist wrote:ug.php/v/PufferPedia/Brackish/T_Nigroviridis/

Common Name: Green Spotted Puffer

Other Common Names: GSP; Leopard Puffer; Spotted Green Puffer; Occasionally incorrectly as Green Puffer

Family: Tetraodontidae

Distribution: S.E. Asia: Esturaine rivers and floodplains; Mangrove swamps

Water Parameters: High brackish to marine salinity; Temp: 23–26C (73 - 80F ); pH: 7.0 - 8.3

Personality/Temperament: Agressive to other tankmates, especially with age. Hunts for food.

Max. Size: 6.5 inches (17cm)

Estimated Lifespan: ~15 years

Sexual Dimorphism: Unknown. Cannot tell genders apart by eye.

Diet: Mollusks and crustaceans. Needs to be fed a regular diet of hard-shelled creatures to guard against beak overgrowth. Feeding and Diet article

Care: Requires medium to high-end brackish water, and usually thrives in marine conditions. Introduce to a fully cycled aquarium, and raise the specific gravity by at least 0.002 per week, aiming for 1.015. As GSP's are active and agressive <- This is supposed to be aggressive, not agressive. puffers, allow at l <- This cut off..... No clue what its supposed to say

Breeding: Unknown. No records of captive breeding.

Minimum Tank Size: 30 US Gallons (115 liters)

Links to Other Resources: PufferPunk on GSPs

On Ceylon Puffers
ug.php/v/PufferPedia/Brackish/T_Fluviatilis/

Care: Try to introduce T. fluviatilis to an aquarium with a salinity mathcing <- this is supposed to be matching. that of the store tank. Slowly raise the salinity to marine levels by a maximum of SG=0.002 / week. These are active, larger puffers that do best in 40 gallon or larger tanks.

Theres what I have found when I was looking at the pufferpedia. Have a good one!
This is like a "where's waldo" hunt!

I have highlighted in RED the sections that Aquarist has pointed out to make it easier to read. I am known for my typos so double checked this in MS Word and found the word "liter" is spelled "litre". My spell checker built into the browser indicates that the former and not the latter is correct. :boggle: So ... Dictionary.com says: Liter = US English and Litre = the rest of the world :)

Don't you love the most complex language in the world?
if you follow me, you avoid stepping in the crap that I just did...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZR55G ... pqlgec1A2Q
By_a_coo
Green Spotted Puffer
My Puffers: 1 X GSP
Location (country): Brazil

Post by By_a_coo »

About the mispelled typos... that's ok as we can read and understand it. But those cut offs make me very curious about it.

Who did write those texts in the pufferpedia? Could the person tell us what those cut offs mean? I'd like to know it.
Fernando
Brent
Fahaka Puffer
Location (country): Newfoundland, Canada

Post by Brent »

Estuarine is spelled incorrectly there too. :wink: