figure eights and green spotted puffers

This forum is now archived.
riggers
Green Spotted Puffer
Location (country): UK

figure eights and green spotted puffers

Post by riggers »

There is some missing information on the care section of both the figure eight puffer and green spotted puffer.

Figure Eight Puffer

Care: Despite other reports to the contrary, this species requires brackish water for good health. Introduce to a fully cycled aquarium, and maintain and a low-to-medium salinity. Strong filtration is recommended. A tank size of 15 gallons for one Figure 8 and...

Green Spotted Puffer

Care: Requires medium to high-end brackish water, and usually thrives in marine conditions. Introduce to a fully cycled aquarium, and raise the specific gravity by at least 0.002 per week, aiming for 1.015. As GSP's are active and agressive puffers, allow at l...

Don't know if you already knew this. If you did sorry.
Troender
Former Staff Member
My Puffers: 1x GSP (Bolla), 1x m. something. Bought as a leiurus, maybe a turgidus (Tiger), 1x c. irrubesco (Tott(a) aka Houdini) 1x c. salivator (Jack the Ripper), 1x m. cochinchinensis (Hufflepuff - R.I.P.), 2x c. lorteti (Tommy and Tigern = Calvin and Hubbes), 1x m. suvatti (Koseklumpen), 1x m. palembangensis (Dragonfly), 2x t. biocellatus (Koken and Fiken).

Re: figure eights and green spotted puffers

Post by Troender »

Well, the PufferPedia says this about F8:
"Low-end brackish water (SG = 1.005 - 1.008)"

And this about the GSP:
"High brackish to marine salinity"

And you find them both under the brackish section in the PufferPedia. I don't know a better way to tell that they are brackish. :wink:

BTW, there's great articles about both the GSP and the F8 in the Puffer library. I think you get all the neccessary information there. :D
Inger Anne
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Just think how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of them are even stupider! -George Carlin

crazedpuffer
Former Staff Member
My Puffers: 1x Porcupine Puffer
1xValentini

Post by crazedpuffer »

Yeah there is a reason for why it's cutout like that, I think it has to do with fishbase
Agnate
Former Staff Member
My Puffers: -

1 Abei Puffer [Monotrete Abei]
(Captain Abe)

Post by Agnate »

I thought they fixed this a while ago, but I guess not. :?
Did our staff successfully help you? The Puffer Forum is an incredible resource and is run completely on the donations of its viewers. Proceeds from the Puffer Forum store go towards future contests and keeping the site running. Donations may also be made via PayPal.

- Paul

40 gallon - Future home of Abei Puffer
28 gallon - 1 Abei Puffer (Captain Abe)
5 gallon - 1 Betta (Frederico)
riggers
Green Spotted Puffer

Post by riggers »

oh no Troender i think you got the wrong end of the stick :lol: . i was just saying that there's some missing info about tanks sizes at the end of the care descriptions but sounds like they've already seen it and tried to fix it so never mind. And you're right people can just find the info in library so it's ok, didn't really think about that I suppose. It's just me not thinking about things before i say them, again :)
Troender
Former Staff Member
My Puffers: 1x GSP (Bolla), 1x m. something. Bought as a leiurus, maybe a turgidus (Tiger), 1x c. irrubesco (Tott(a) aka Houdini) 1x c. salivator (Jack the Ripper), 1x m. cochinchinensis (Hufflepuff - R.I.P.), 2x c. lorteti (Tommy and Tigern = Calvin and Hubbes), 1x m. suvatti (Koseklumpen), 1x m. palembangensis (Dragonfly), 2x t. biocellatus (Koken and Fiken).

Post by Troender »

Oh! Sorry, I didn't get it. Yes, that's right, the sentences aren't finished. I remember I commented that when I bought my F8s too.
Inger Anne
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Just think how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of them are even stupider! -George Carlin

riggers
Green Spotted Puffer

Post by riggers »

Hehe never mind i'm always having to read things twice cause i haven't read it properly first time :lol: . I love your avatar by the way! :D
Myaj
Tech Team
My Puffers: Bubba, turgidus
Paris, lined burrfish

Post by Myaj »

Sorry about that guys, it was supposed to be addressed but I guess it wasn't. I'll see if there's anything I can do quick to expand the content blocks to hold more characters...