Hello from Portland

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here!
Forum rules
New to TPF? Read our Rules HERE!
gerbear
Puffer Fry
Location (country): United States

Hello from Portland

Post by gerbear »

Hey everyone!

I'm new to the forums; I've been in the hobby for about two years and have enjoyed reading the forum voraciously. Finally summoned the spine to make an account. Right now these are my tanks:

- 15 gallon column tank with 1 betta splendens and 6 small mystery snails, heavily planted

- 20L, heavily planted, with two South American Puffers (I am struggling between knowing they do better in threes, but not wanting to overload the tank)

I've already learned a lot from the posts and articles here, so I figured I'd join the community so hopefully, I can help someone else. Or more likely, I can finally ask for advice. :D

Like for instance, just how MUCH I should do for hidey-holes and nooks and crannies for my puffers...but I'm guessing the answer would be "whatever I can fit"!
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Re: Hello from Portland

Post by Pufferpunk »

You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
gerbear
Puffer Fry
Location (country): United States

Re: Hello from Portland

Post by gerbear »

I think you are right, because the last couple days it is clear to me that they are not happy at all. They're not swimming around much and they sit at the bottom a lot, when they're not pacing the corners. Might just have to tell my husband that my Christmas present is a 55g setup and get these guys in an appropriate home. In the upgrade, would you suggest two more? I thought in your writings I saw 15 gallons or so per puffer (which, clearly, I should've listened to in the first place.)