Potential new puffer owner

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here!
Forum rules
New to TPF? Read our Rules HERE!
Casper
Puffer Fry
Location (country): England

Potential new puffer owner

Post by Casper »

Hi, I am already a fish keeper although I'm not currently a puffer keeper, I did however disastrously own a lovely little red eyed puffer in the past, he was such a character and we fell in love with him. Sadly he only lived for a few months, it was pre Internet and our local library had no books about puffer fish, the local fish shop assured me he would be fine fed on flakes and living in with the other fish they sold us, but the catfish (probably red tailed from memory) grew enormous and ate everything or perhaps he just starved and was eaten post mortum :( (yes the shop really was that unscrupulous and we really were that dumb). However I've wanted another since then, but haven't had the heart to go for it again until now. This time round I intend to do a huge amount of research first, so here I am :)
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Re: Potential new puffer owner

Post by Pufferpunk »

[welcome]
Start with profiles in our Pufferpedia & check out all our wonderful articles in our Library (both found under the learn tab above) & also stickied posts.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"