Just bought my little buddy today!

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here!
Forum rules
New to TPF? Read our Rules HERE!
shywolf18
Puffer Fry
Location (country): USA

Just bought my little buddy today!

Post by shywolf18 »

As I'm sure with nearly everyone that had seen a figure 8 puffer in the store (looking all cute and innocent. ha!) I had to have one. I did a lot of research before I bought the little guy. Actually he's pretty big compared to the one i had seen earlier, anyways... My set up is a 10gal, with a filter good for up to 30gal. i have lots of fake plants and a few real ones. his only tank mate is a blue crayfish/lobster (whom i gave a shelter to hide away in from the puffer) i have not yet turned it into a brackish tank because the puffer was in a freshwater tank and i did not want to risk shocking him. however i will slowly raise the salinity once he is not stressed from the move any longer. i maybe shouldnt have choose this puffer because he has some grey on his tummy. he did see me and i was observing him and noticed his tail fin is a little clamped. i went out for a bit and came back to the store and when the little guy saw me again he showed me his whole tail fin then clamped it back. i couldnt say no. he needed to be rescued. hence... why he is in my tank. so thats my story!

Brianna
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Re: Just bought my little buddy today!

Post by Pufferpunk »

[welcome]
Was your tank cycled before you added the puffer?

library/puffers-in-focus/fig8/
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=19348
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
shywolf18
Puffer Fry
Location (country): USA

Re: Just bought my little buddy today!

Post by shywolf18 »

Yes

also an update. last night i went upstairs and his belly was white, tail fin open. today he has just a bit of grey but his tail fin is still open. he also uprooted the live baby tears plant i had in there. so he had an active night haha