New to puffers Want to Learn

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here!
Forum rules
New to TPF? Read our Rules HERE!
nicole1
Puffer Fry
Location (country): Canada

New to puffers Want to Learn

Post by nicole1 »

I recently Got 2 Dwarf Puffers, they are located in my 20 gallon planted tank, their current tank mates are Guppy fry, 6 Ghost shrimp and gazillions of Pond Snails and 3 assassin snails (though 2 are missing), the tank has been set up for 3 months with the guppy fry and snails and shrimp, my water parameters are 0-0-10 with a Ph of 7.4, my tank temp is 78 (sorry used to giving all info), So anyway back to the puffers, there names are Huff and Puff, though I only have a picture of Huff, Puff hasn't been in a spot for a photo opportunity, I have Frozen Blood worms, and snails so far for diet, but am willing to learn more about their diet and how to make them the happiest puffers in town.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bertie 83
My Puffers: lineatus R.I.P, South American puffer. Valentini puffer, porcupine puffer.
Non puffer
Danios, Tetras, Redtail Rasporas,
Harlequins, CAE's, Yoyo
Loaches, Clown loaches ,Eels, various shrimp, tangs,wrasses, damsels, chromis
Location (country): Brighton, England

Re: New to puffers Want to Learn

Post by bertie 83 »

Welcome to the forum. That puff needs fattening up a little, have you de-wormed them?
It's amazing how easy maintenance is. If done regularly and thoroughly
nicole1
Puffer Fry

Post by nicole1 »

Im trying to figure out what to use that will be safe for them as I know they are more sensitive that other fish, I have them in the 20 gallon with guppy fry (temporary until they are taken to pet store) Ghost shrimp and many pond snails.
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Post by Pufferpunk »

Find elsewhere for the Assassin snails, or they will decimate any of your "feeder" snails. I'm afraid those guppies won't fare well with the puffers, either.
library/hospital/internal-parasites-pre ... treatment/
library/puffers-in-focus/dwarfpuffercare/
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
nicole1
Puffer Fry

Post by nicole1 »

I have a 3 gallon set up as a breeding tank for the snails so when the population gets low I can add more, and the guppy fry are 3 months old they will be going to there new homes soon, but the puffers came from a tank that had guppy fry in it.