Porc Puffer Owner Introducing Myself

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here!
Forum rules
New to TPF? Read our Rules HERE!
lambchop
Puffer Fry
Location (country): USA

Porc Puffer Owner Introducing Myself

Post by lambchop »

Hello! I'm McKenzie from Green Bay WI and I am new to the hobby. I'm so excited to join and look forward to having a place to reach out for information and help. I have a porcupine puffer, his name is Lambchop. I am beyond in love with him! I have never had a fish tank before besides the basic goldfish when I was little. I saw a picture of a porc puffer about 4-5 yrs ago and have been obsessed with wanting one ever since! I even had him named already back then. 9 months ago I finally got him! I tracked down 5 different stores in Milwaukee that had porc puffers so I could pick him out in person. He is so interactive and has so much personality! He only has one other tank mate, a moon wrasse named Splinter. Right now he is in a 60 gallon, which I know is too small, but for now he will be ok. I am saving up to get the biggest aquarium I can for him, atleast a 125. He has his own Instagram account @Lambchopcity if anyone would like to follow. He currently has over 3,000 followers, I love sharing his cuteness! I started screenprinting tshirts that I designed from photos of him. I am using the proceeds towards his new tank. I look forward to getting to know everyone and getting helpful advice. I am such a newbie that I will most definitely need it, but I think Iv been doing pretty good for my first 9 months having a saltwater tank. I am dedicated to keeping my puffer happy!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Re: Porc Puffer Owner Introducing Myself

Post by Pufferpunk »

[welcome]
Yes, he is adorable & LOL, you are pufferobsessed!
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
lambchop
Puffer Fry

Post by lambchop »

Lol! Yes I really am!
Welch4
Fahaka Puffer
My Puffers: 1 GSP

Post by Welch4 »

Adorable. Great pics. Welcome to the forum!
Forget other advice about puffers you don't hear here - Pufferpunk
BedScien
Green Spotted Puffer
My Puffers: Green Spotted Puffer (marine, 100L / 26 US GAL)
Location (country): England

Post by BedScien »

Awesome photos + Awesome shirts!

Can absolutely relate to you on this as I'm obsessed with getting a Porc Puffer one day too!

Would love to hear any updates on how it all goes for you :)

My advice is to be certain that there WILL be challenges! Don't panic - It's part of the fun of keeping fish. Take time with any decisions you make and then take time with applying any changes. :)

It's a brilliant hobby and can be so rewarding and exciting!

What kinds of gadgets are you running on your tank? (filters etc)

P.S. If you aren't already, I recommend running several heaters which add up to the total power necessary to heat the tank, (rather than one or two large ones) so that if one fails and overheats the water or just stops altogether, the rest can adjust accordingly.
mblahahahaha mmmyeessss

'It's true because I read it on the internet' - Everyone