Puffer noob looking for a good community for advice

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here!
Forum rules
New to TPF? Read our Rules HERE!
rowdy
Puffer Fry
My Puffers: One figure 8 puffer.
Location (country): Billings, mt. United States of America

Puffer noob looking for a good community for advice

Post by rowdy »

Hello, my name is Rowdy.

Years ago I had a green spotted puffer. To be honest I had no idea what I was doing. I was young and dumb and did not do any research about them. Just went off of what the kid at the pet store told me about them when I bought him. I had him for about a year and he seemed to do alright but he died during a move to a new house and we just decided to get rid of the tank after that.

My fiance and I recently obtained a biocube 29 for free, and we decided to give puffers a go. We bought 2 figure 8's. They share the tank with 2 black mollys, 2 electric tetras, and 2 plecos. All of the fish were put in the tank at the same time about a month ago and they all seem to get along great and they all seem quite happy.

I did make the water brackish for them, but I have yet to get a refractometer to check the salinity, and test kits to test nitrates, ph, kh, ammonia. I plan on getting these items this week.

Anyhow. We really enjoy these cute little figure 8's so I figured it would be a good idea to educate myself on them as much as possible and this seems like the best place online to get help with puffers so I decided to join :)

If anyone has any advice about these guys to throw at me right off the bat please do.
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Re: Puffer noob looking for a good community for advice

Post by Pufferpunk »

This seems to be the same as your other post, so I'm going to close this on. Otherwise, you're going to get the same advice on both & folks get confused.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"