Hello, new member here with my vid of my Puffer

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here!
Forum rules
New to TPF? Read our Rules HERE!
dimas0302
Puffer Fry
Location (country): Indonesia

Hello, new member here with my vid of my Puffer

Post by dimas0302 »

Hello, I'm new here and I kinda interested to join the forum after reading the pufferpedia. I laready have Red Eye Puffer for 2 years and now I got myself a GSP and a rare Milk Spotted Puffer. I didn't put them on the brackish yet cause the GSP is still small and The MSP has been into the frewshwater too long when I bought it at the fish store and I have to make her used to brackish water little by little. Here's my vid about the 3 of them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9AOVx6zWKg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNihs6_JWTw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHBcgo5CJfw
Stratters
Green Spotted Puffer
My Puffers: Piggy, a Hairy Puffer
Location (country): Louth, England

Re: Hello, new member here with my vid of my Puffer

Post by Stratters »

They are lovely, isn't your MSP beautiful :D

And the GSP too, of course; but the MSP is stunning.
Never trust big puffers. The fingers you save may be your own. RTR
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Post by Pufferpunk »

Please do not house the GSP & MSP together. The MSP should be in SW already. GSP in high-end BW, at least. I'm afraid housing conspecifics together, will end badly...
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
dimas0302
Puffer Fry

Post by dimas0302 »

Stratters wrote:They are lovely, isn't your MSP beautiful :D

And the GSP too, of course; but the MSP is stunning.
Thank you.
Pufferpunk wrote:Please do not house the GSP & MSP together. The MSP should be in SW already. GSP in high-end BW, at least. I'm afraid housing conspecifics together, will end badly...
Yeah, after the third day, the GSP already run for hiding. Fortunately I have 1 Aquarium lingering on so I can put the GSP on it. I know MSP has to be in SW so I'm already converting it day by day by doing water change 30% while putting the SW on it cause the seller sold them as FW so in order for them no to stress out, I'm doing little by little, day by day. But for little GSP to be High-end BW, isn't that to early? I mean, it is still small?
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles

Post by Pufferpunk »

GSP can also go into SW as a juvie: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=15647

More importantly, what are you using to keep up the bacteria, through all these fast salinity changes?
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

dimas0302
Puffer Fry

Post by dimas0302 »

Pufferpunk wrote:GSP can also go into SW as a juvie: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=15647

More importantly, what are you suing to keep up the bacteria, through all these fast SG changes?
You mean when I do water change on the Aquarium with SW? Sorry, my English is not too good ;D. Well, the SW I got already got the bacteria from the store I buy it so I think it's safe to say that the water is good.
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles

Post by Pufferpunk »

Sorry but you have been misinformed--there is NO good bacteria living in the water.

gkai
Figure 8 Puffer
Location (country): Belgium

Post by gkai »

Really love your irrubescos, I have one female myself and love this puffer.
I plan a new tank so I can house a group of them, my current tank is probably too small
to safely have more than one...especially a male as they get bigger and are probably more aggressive..
Could you tell me more about your tank? How many male/female,
Size of tank, other inhabitants?
Like you I have been very successful keeping guppies
with my irrubesco, it is also endler-type guppy much to fast for my puffer...she manage to eat a guppy fry from time to time though, which do not bother me at all (my guppies produce fry faster than my puffer can catch, and eat them occasionally too)
I have also glass shrimp that manages to escape if my puffer is too interested, but smaller shrimp didn't get so lucky. My snails are gone too, except maybe some mts hiding in the substrate...
I have also a sewelia and a kuhli that got slightly fin nipped, but since
My irrubesco has learned they are not that tasty and they have learned that when the puffer get close it is time to move, so things are ok there too.
Only thing that is slightly difficult is feeding the puffer: I can not simply drop worms
Because my guppies are too voracious and would either eat everything before the puffer..or I would have to seriously overfeed which would leed to obese guppies, too much pollution and too much reproduction...so I give worms individually, with a pincer. The puffer is used to it and come as soon as I put the pincer in the tank ;)
Last edited by gkai on Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
RTR
Mentor
Location (country): East Coast, USA

Post by RTR »

Pufferpunk is unfortunately correct. Nitrification bacteria are obligate attached forms, which means that they require a substrate to which they attach. There are many free-swimming and floating bacterial forms which are common in our tanks, but they do not include the nitrification bacteria we need to establish the nitrogen cycle in our tank.
Where's the fish? - Neptune
gnbjtr
Puffer Fry
Location (country): usa

Post by gnbjtr »

Welcome to our store. We are buying the world of warcraft gold(wow gold) or other game gold,and selling cdkey,wow po game card.our price is rivalrous and our peyment is safe.
We support the payments: paypal(deliver at once),LibertyReserve(deliver at once),and western union(deliver in liver in 24hours at euwowgold.fr).
gnbjtr
Puffer Fry
Location (country): usa

Post by gnbjtr »

Welcome to our store. We are buying the world of warcraft gold(wow gold) or other game gold,and selling cdkey,wow po game card.our price is rivalrous and our peyment is safe.
We support the payments: paypal(deliver at once),LibertyReserve(deliver at once),and western union(deliver in liver in 24hours at euwowgold.fr).