Hey There!!

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here!
Forum rules
New to TPF? Read our Rules HERE!
GSP32
Dwarf Puffer
My Puffers: Fahaka Puffer
Location (country): Canada

Hey There!!

Post by GSP32 »

I've been on here for a while but never posted much... I am very thankful for this forum... this is where I got most of my information keeping puffers and where I send people who have questions on the other forums I frequent.

I started with 2 Green Spotted Puffers.... I had them for about 8 months until I gave them away to a good owner because I wanted the tank for Seahorses (sorry guys) I had them both in a 56g and knew that it would be shortlived and I do not have the space for 2 30s.... the guy who adopted them has the two 30s but he went and bought a 55g for them when I gave them to him so that they would not be seperated... it made me feel better about giving them away that he would do that for them... even tho I'm not too sure that they are attached to each other but they were always together :) for now :) hehe. He's on another forum I'm on so I keep in touch with him about them.

I also had a 45g planted with a bunch of dwarf puffers but that was not for me :S They were cute but I never say anything in the tank hehe.

Now we have a just about 3 inch Fahaka in our 125g.... man oh man he was hard to find... I actually got him and 2 others shipped from the other side of Canada from a hobbyist that had them for sale on Kijiji over in Alberta (I'm in Nova Scotia, Canada) They all made it. Another girl got one, she was so happy, she had been waiting forever for "her dream fish" and another guy got the other one, they all have appropriate tanks for them and they are being well taken care of :) I made sure hehe.

I also have a 110g reef that has a bunch of little fish in but I"m thinking of changing it up a bit and getting either 3 dwarf Lionfish (different kinds fuzzy, zebra, and fu manchu) or a Volitan.

I also have the 56g column tank that is supposed to have 4 tank bred/raised H Erectus Seahorse in before the end of the week :) Don't worry I've done my research on feeding and temperature and everything else :)

So that is my story :)
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Re: Hey There!!

Post by Pufferpunk »

[welcome]
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
bertie 83
My Puffers: lineatus R.I.P, South American puffer. Valentini puffer, porcupine puffer.
Non puffer
Danios, Tetras, Redtail Rasporas,
Harlequins, CAE's, Yoyo
Loaches, Clown loaches ,Eels, various shrimp, tangs,wrasses, damsels, chromis
Location (country): Brighton, England

Re: Hey There!!

Post by bertie 83 »

Welcome
It's amazing how easy maintenance is. If done regularly and thoroughly