Ayyy everybody!

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here!
Forum rules
New to TPF? Read our Rules HERE!
Cdub
Puffer Fry
Location (country): The region, Indiana, u.s.

Ayyy everybody!

Post by Cdub »

Hello,

First, let me introduce my self, I am caleb, or simply cdub. I've been in the fish keeping business for 13+ years, only within the last 5 have I gotten serious about it. As most of you on this forum are puffer guys/gals, I am a piranha guy, and one of our members actually referred me here, idk if he's here but over at piranhakeepers he goes by nzac (and if I broke any rules posting about pk please let me know and I'll edit ASAP I just did a quick glance at the rules and didn't see anything about that so apologies if I over looked it). I've kept several species solitary and shoals. I love me some p's. but recently have started to take a liking to puffers. I've been reading up a lot about the Carinotetraodon travancoricus, and actually picked one up today. In all honesty he was an impulse buy I guess you could say, I've been looking for 3-4 for months, and my go to shop had one slip in on a shipment, and had been lucky enough to be there. any ways I say impulse because im not even finished with her tank yet, it's actually being leak tested now after I de rimmed and cleaned up the silicone. But don't fret, it shall be done here very shortly. As of now I've got her with my piranha in a breeding container hanging on the tank. (don't have a heart attack fellas she's safe, and I think I would actually be praised saving her from the tank she was going to go in. Lol they actually told me acclimating a fig 8 with fw will turn it into a fw fish lolololol) :facepalm: pics will come soon, my sd card is in Chicago ATM.

are travancoricus as personable as other puffers. I know she's still stressed as hell and getting used to her surroundings. Oh, and one more thing, does anyone have a picture/vid of a pea puffer inflating/deflating. I can't find any on yt or google and would love to see it. I can't wait till I catch mine doing it, if I even ever do..
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Re: Ayyy everybody!

Post by Pufferpunk »

[welcome]
They are fairly personable--not as much as a fahaka--more like the GSP. Mine greet me at the glass.
library/puffers-in-focus/dwarfpuffercare/
library/puffers-in-focus/sexing-carinot ... rf-puffer/
ug.php/v/PufferPedia/Freshwater/C_Travancoricus/
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
Cdub
Puffer Fry
Location (country): The region, Indiana, u.s.

Re: Ayyy everybody!

Post by Cdub »

Thanks for the welcome pp...from chicago ay? Where's a good place around here for puffers? Or any tropical/freshwater fish for that matter.