Counting down the hours!

Look here for updates, announcements and the forum rules.
Forum rules
New to TPF? Read our Rules HERE!
Dadof4
Tech Team
My Puffers: 1 GSP (Microfiche) RIP, 1 Monotrete Turgidus (Leon) in a 30gal. 1 Monotrete suvattii in a 40 gal FW. 120 gallon BW with 3 juvenile Dragon Gobies (so cool). 55 gal with a 2" GSP named Hank. 180 gallon being set up for a Fahaka in the next few months!
Location (country): United States

Counting down the hours!

Post by Dadof4 »

Just a reminder everyone, at 2200 (10 PM) I will take a whole bunch of xanax, Scavenger is pulling on a pair of Depends (just in case it get dicey), bras are going on our heads, and at 2300 (11 pm) CST the site will go down for a while for updates/upgrades. Hopefully only for a short while....or at least until Kelly LeBrock shows up! :hyper:
"Darwin swings...annnnnnd a miss. Boy Jim, Chuck's suffered at the plate tonight. He's 0 for 3 and I'm not sure he's recovered from that shoulder pull a few weeks ago. I'll bet the front office is re-thinking that contract."
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Re: Counting down the hours!

Post by Pufferpunk »

I hope I can handle the withdrawals.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
xrayjeeper83
Mbu Puffer
My Puffers: Fahaka named Bloat
Abei named Huey
GSP named Bacon
Location (country): USA

Post by xrayjeeper83 »

Just glad Im in my ER tonight, so when the withdrawls hit hard I can get some drugs to help
RTR wrote:Fahakas do not have tank mates, they may have swimming food reserves.
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles

Post by Pufferpunk »

There ya go!
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

Dadof4
Tech Team
My Puffers: 1 GSP (Microfiche) RIP, 1 Monotrete Turgidus (Leon) in a 30gal. 1 Monotrete suvattii in a 40 gal FW. 120 gallon BW with 3 juvenile Dragon Gobies (so cool). 55 gal with a 2" GSP named Hank. 180 gallon being set up for a Fahaka in the next few months!

Post by Dadof4 »

I was wondering if anyone was going to start a support group on the Facebook page. Please, take this downtime as a moment to reflect and to start Step 1 of these 12 Steps:
(Please note that God, as mentioned in these steps, can be any deity or thing that you believe gives you strength)

Step 1 - We admitted we were powerless over our addiction - that our tanks have become unmanageable
Step 2 - Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity and "manageable tank volumes"
Step 3 - Made a decision to turn our lives and our water change schedule over to the care of God as we understood God
Step 4 - Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of our puffer care
Step 5 - Admitted to God, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our puffer loving ways
Step 6 - Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of water parameters and of poor knowledge passed on from the LFS
Step 7 - Humbly asked God to remove our algae problems
Step 8 - Made a list of all puffers we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all
Step 9 - Made direct amends to such puffers wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or other tank inhabitants
Step 10 - Continued to take personal inventory of our puffer care and when we were wrong promptly admitted it
Step 11 - Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood God, praying only for knowledge of God's method of keeping Puffers and the ability to carry that out
Step 12 - Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to other addicts, and to practice these principles in all our aquariums
"Darwin swings...annnnnnd a miss. Boy Jim, Chuck's suffered at the plate tonight. He's 0 for 3 and I'm not sure he's recovered from that shoulder pull a few weeks ago. I'll bet the front office is re-thinking that contract."
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles

Post by Pufferpunk »

That's wonderful! I especially love 6 & 7.

J-P
Former Staff Member
Location (country): Japan

Post by J-P »

LOL!! Dad you are too funny. Does wit run in the family?
if you follow me, you avoid stepping in the crap that I just did...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZR55G ... pqlgec1A2Q
Dadof4
Tech Team

Post by Dadof4 »

Yeah, those are my favorites. I wish I could get past Step 2 though....
Dadof4
Tech Team

Post by Dadof4 »

No, thank God. My kids think they're funny but that a whole different subject....
purplecandle
Mbu Puffer
My Puffers: Currently
2 Adult Green Spotted Puffers
1 Fangs Puffer
1 Baby Green Spotted Puffer
Location (country): USA (NC)

Post by purplecandle »

Please, Please, Please make dad's list a sticky in every forum or at least title it "who we are" and put it on the home page!
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles

Post by Pufferpunk »

1 minute left...

Dadof4
Tech Team

Post by Dadof4 »

Hyperventilating started, Xanax in. 40 minutes until go.
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles

Post by Pufferpunk »

Oh, I was thinking Chgo time. Get those Depends on! :OMG:

Hope this doesn't turn into an all-nighter. :zzz:

purplecandle
Mbu Puffer
My Puffers: Currently
2 Adult Green Spotted Puffers
1 Fangs Puffer
1 Baby Green Spotted Puffer
Location (country): USA (NC)

Post by purplecandle »

Good luck Dad and Scavenger :onfire:

But..please hurry up... :jitters: :jitters: :jitters: :jitters:
Dadof4
Tech Team

Post by Dadof4 »

10 min