The Puffer Forum is pleased to announce our very first ever, April Fools Challenge! This contest is ONLY for graphically edited photos or drawings of puffers, the sillier, the funnier and the more mindblowing the better! Use your imagination, use your skills, use your own unique sense of style and humor!
How this is going to work.. the contest will start now, Feb 26th, 2009 and entries will be accepted until midnight Central time, Thursday March 19th, 2009. At that point, the staff of TPF will review the entries and choose the top 20, which will be voted on by the general membership from March 22 to March 28th. If there are less than 20 entries, obviously all will be voted on by the general membership.
The winner of our all new April Fool's Challenge will be honored two ways, their image will be displayed as our Forum Logo for the entire month of April, and their design will also be placed in The Puffer Store on a Tshirt!
Now on to the rules, there are always rules:
- 1. No more than three (3) entries per forum member.
2. Entry MUST contain a puffer fish of some sort (real or imaginary) in the design.
3. Entries may be based off existing photographs or be created entirely from scratch (cartoons, etc), or a combination of both.
4. ALL content of the image, including subject(s) and background, must be owned by the entrant or used with permission from the owner of the content. If using content owned by another person with their permission, include their contact information and a note from them verifying they are giving you permission to use their image with your entry - respect copyright laws!
5. No offensive or inappropriate content allowed. Keep it PG-13. Any entries with drug use, sexual content, racism or other content deemed inappropriate by TPF staff will be eliminated.
6. While animated images will be accepted, please note that if the winner is an animation, only one "frame" of the animation will be able to be used on the TShirts in the store. For the logo, we may allow a single rotation of the animation, but this will be left to the discretion of the staff to decide. A site logo of an overly large file size will give some of our users trouble opening the page, which is understandably something we wish to avoid
7. File Requirements
- a. accepted file types are .jpg, .gif and .png
b. maximum (and recommended) dimensions of image are 10"x10" and 200dpi (we will obviously resize for the winning logo image)
c. at this point, no limit on file size to allow animations, but keep in mind the above reference to how a winning animation would be displayed
d. Entries may be edited and created in any software you choose. Photoshop, Paint, Illustrator, whatever you have to work with, do your worst . For those who do not currently own any photo editing software, Picasa and Gimp are free programs that many people use and love, download one and see what you can do
8. By submitting an entry, entrants agree to allow their image, if judged as the winner of the competition, to be used as The Puffer Forum logo for the entire month of April and added to a shirt design available for purchase in The Puffer Store.
And on to... how to enter!!
- Email your entry as an attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use "April Fools Challenge" as the subject line. As the file sizes may be quite large, send only one file at a time please, with corresponding info.
Be sure to include your forum user name!
Include (via forwarding) any written permission from the owner of any image(s) you have included in your design that you do not have sole ownership of, as well as contact information for the owners of the image(s).
This is your chance to really let us see what you can do, and maybe even a glimpse into your silly, twisted mind, so go at it! Good luck to everyone!!