Aqueon Water Changer

Got any home remedies or DIY projects? Share them here!
Problems with your tank's equipment? We can help!
Polkadotpuffer
Dwarf Puffer
My Puffers: None :( All passed away now...
Location (country): United Kingdom

Re: Aqueon Water Changer

Post by Polkadotpuffer »

Wow! So many responses, look at what iv started! Haha

I did end up getting the Aqueon but bought a metal adapter with it as well (which hasnt arrived yet!)

I used it for the first time the other day and everyone is still happy :) Yay I was so worried as id never put the water in without putting the dechlorinating it first. But i made sure to put some in before during and after and everything went fine. So much easier than buckets. I might try and use the excess water for watering the plants. Just havent figured that part out yet. Also, if you turn the tap on at first to start the vacum then turn off the tap, then the siphon still works albeit at a much slower rate! But then not loads of water is being wasted :) You should try it...
I <3 My Fishes....... :) Proud owner of:
x1 Black Ghost Knife fish... Klaus, x1 Fire Eeel...Slinky, x2 Convict Cichlid.... Snow & Zane, x1 Blue acara..... Jacob, x1 African flag cichlid.....Joburg, x1 Simaese algae eater.... Dave, x1 Cuckoo Catfish.... Eddy James. (So far hehe) R.I.P Yoshi & Mimi My Irrubesco puffers :( <3
RTR
Mentor
Location (country): East Coast, USA

Post by RTR »

Do remember that progress and improvements in techniques are the result of lazy folks finding more efficient ways to accomplish tasks. Only complacent primitives still light fires with flints or by rubbing sticks together. (;>)
Where's the fish? - Neptune
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Post by Pufferpunk »

Just add dechlor for the full amount of the tank volume, before refilling.
I find it easier to use a small syringe for this: 10ml = 20g or 1 drop/g.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"