sad day

A place to discuss general puffer care or news.
mikel7099
Puffer Fry
My Puffers: GSP F8 AMAZON
Location (country): USA

sad day

Post by mikel7099 »

I have a 75 gallon tank with about 11 GSP and 2 F8 puffers and one amazon puffer. I went to local fish store before I went to do my weekly water change and bought a new coral life hydrometer. Did my water change as always. I keep my salt at 1.015. After a day or so I noticed one of my GSP with the black lines of death on his sides and by his mouth. Another one starting to get. So I check water with all levels being good. I checked salt again with new meter and it was good. Well sad to say finally today he died. Being upset and mad wondering why I started to back track what I did different that may have stressed him out. So I started to Google the new Coral Life hydrometer to really bad reviews so I pulled out my old meter to see if and different readings between the two. Sure enough they were way off. So now I order a refractometer. I am hoping to slowly raise the salt level back up without stressing out the rest of my puffers and to not kill my cycle. I am also torn on having my F8 puffers(2 of them) and my 1 amazon puffer in the same tank as the GSP because of the salt level differences. I do have a 47 gallon bow I could setup for the F8s and the amazon but it would be in a unfinished basement.
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Re: sad day

Post by Pufferpunk »

I did comment in your other post about this. Also, your tank is horribly overstocked! Please read the articles posted to you in your other thread. I 'm afraid many more losses are ahead for you. :(
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"