Betta pellets

A place to discuss general puffer care or news.
martini57
Figure 8 Puffer
Location (country): US

Betta pellets

Post by martini57 »

So I asked my fiancé to feed the fish today, and I figured that he knew what to feed everybody. He has seen me do it countless times and I have talked him through the process of who gets what, etc, etc. well I get home and look in the tanks and I see betta pellets, all over the place. So I got out the net and scooped out as much as I could, but I couldn't get all of them. But my figure eight LOVES them. He was following the net around with the pellets and is as fat and happy as can be. He went on a betta pellet binge. Since he likes them so much, could I give him them sometimes in addition to other foods?
Welch4
Fahaka Puffer
My Puffers: 1 GSP
Location (country): USA

Re: Betta pellets

Post by Welch4 »

My GSP loves to steal the sinking pellets out of my gobies mouth. As long as it is only an occasional thing and its diet is being diversified I wouldn't see an issue with it.
Forget other advice about puffers you don't hear here - Pufferpunk
El Scorpio
Fahaka Puffer
My Puffers: none, at the moment...
Location (country): Louisville, KY.

Re: Betta pellets

Post by El Scorpio »

There are some marine pellets for carnivorous fish (groupers, puffers and triggers) that would be good for your GSP, but again this shouldn't be a staple of his diet. Just something for a little extra variety and nutrition.