Would you go back to this fish store?

A place to discuss general puffer care or news.
RTR
Mentor
Location (country): East Coast, USA

Re: Would you go back to this fish store?

Post by RTR »

I have been friends with the owner of the best and longest-lasting store in our town since he first opened out her 30 or more years ago, He says that the large majority of his customers are "casual" hobbyists with mixed tanks and are unwilling to handle BW fish as such, or to customize water conditions in any way. I can understand that. We do not argue about it. he would lose more customers than he would convert. Customers like me may have serious stockpiles of equipment and tanks (but discounted when I got them) and since my non-breeding fish are quite uncrowded, he does not make much if any money on me. No other store has survived long here, and he has. It is definitely to my advantage to have him here for all the things I want and need.

If I had such a store myself, I would go broke in a short time. Most folks with fish tanks are not what I consider real hobbyists. I would not be able to work well with them. So I am grateful to have a shop where I get great service and special order things frequently and without hassle. I consider myself quite fortunate.
Where's the fish? - Neptune