So I'm sitting here...

Come here to post and discuss other sites.
That_FishLady
Puffer Fry
Location (country): United States

Re: So I'm sitting here...

Post by That_FishLady »

Puffer King wrote:sites looking good , keep up the good work :)
Thank you!
Looking for a book on keeping puffers? Don't forget to check out the [url=ttp://freshwaterpufferfish.org/puffer-care/beginner%E2%80%99s-guide-to-keeping-freshwater-puffers-book-review]Beginner's Guide to Keeping Freshwater Puffers[/url]!
That_FishLady
Puffer Fry

Post by That_FishLady »

Pufferpunk wrote:
I actually sent you an email a couple of months ago asking if you wanted a free copy of it to look it over; it probably went to the spam folder since I used a free Yahoo email address.
You're4 probably right, I've requested one now though. ;)

If you could get that book down to about 20 pages, I think it would sell at LFS.

I also am a lover of GF: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=28973
I've been putting some serious thought into it. However, formatting a book to release online is world's different from offline formatting; I'm not sure I could afford to manage that one right now. There are a few privately owned local pet stores around here that I'm pretty sure I would have a good shot at if I ever did, though.

The main appeal to me right now with keeping it as an ebook is that I can release new versions for free to anyone that buys the book so it's a constantly updated resource. I'm sure I could figure out a way to do that with a paper copy, as well.

We used to have quite a few large goldfish tanks set up until we left for a short trip, friend was specifically asked not to touch the tanks, came back and found out they had, and several of our favorites were belly up - I'll never make the mistake of leaving the food bottle out again. I was too attached to most of them to consider replacing them right now; I would be just as horrified if any of our puffers died, too.

That's a gorgeous goldfish - I think he'd do well in a show! Have you found one yet?
Looking for a book on keeping puffers? Don't forget to check out the [url=ttp://freshwaterpufferfish.org/puffer-care/beginner%E2%80%99s-guide-to-keeping-freshwater-puffers-book-review]Beginner's Guide to Keeping Freshwater Puffers[/url]!
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Post by Pufferpunk »

I'm friends with Bob Fenner. He's always asking me to write something.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
Terrance
Fahaka Puffer
My Puffers: Retired Puffer Addict
Location (country): USA

Post by Terrance »

That_FishLady wrote:That would be me :) I'm haven't been active in many forums, which is why you probably haven't heard of me. I'm much better at lurking and absorbing information than I am at starting conversations, but I'm working on that. I'm certainly not trying to take over anyone's niche; I think there's more than enough room for multiple people with good information!

I just happen to really like puffers, as well. The website you're referring to - thatfishlady .com - is just one that I'm trying to put together as a hub for all the fish-related ebooks I write. However, I'm not actively working on it right now. I am actively working on putting freshwaterpufferfish .org together, though.
I posted on your website before :)
Kind regards,
Terrance
That_FishLady
Puffer Fry

Post by That_FishLady »

Terrance wrote:
That_FishLady wrote:That would be me :) I'm haven't been active in many forums, which is why you probably haven't heard of me. I'm much better at lurking and absorbing information than I am at starting conversations, but I'm working on that. I'm certainly not trying to take over anyone's niche; I think there's more than enough room for multiple people with good information!

I just happen to really like puffers, as well. The website you're referring to - thatfishlady .com - is just one that I'm trying to put together as a hub for all the fish-related ebooks I write. However, I'm not actively working on it right now. I am actively working on putting freshwaterpufferfish .org together, though.
I posted on your website before :)
Really? That's really cool :) Which one was yours?