WTB -DPs in PA/NJ area

You need it, you want to get rid of it or you have spotted a good deal and want others to know about it? Post about it here.
Forum rules
General Guidelines:
1. TPF Classifieds are intended primarily for advertisement of items related to fish and aquariums.
2. Include your location (City and State or Country) in your post or in your TPF user profile.
3. Posts may include links to commercial sites on the Internet or other commercial sources, but no spamming please :-)
4. No bootlegs, pirated games, spam or any other illegal or objectionable material.
5. Sellers are encouraged to include pictures of the products available for sale.
6. Sellers may "bump" their ad a maximum of three times.

Disclaimer:
- Sellers and buyers accept that this service is offered free of charge. TPF is in no way involved in the actual transaction between buyers and sellers and we cannot guarantee the accuracy of product descriptions or other information posted in TPF Classifieds.

Posting Ads
To help identify what type of classified you are posting, please use the following labels in your post topic:

FS - For Sale ex. FS Dogface in South Carolina
WTB - Wanted To Buy ex. WTB GSP in London area
PALS - Puffer At Local Store ex. PALS Fahaka at PetCo in SanFrancisco
SqkyPckle
Puffer Fry
My Puffers: 5.5 Gallon: 1 Beta fish.
10 Gallon: 3 Dwarf Puffers, 1 Otto, 1 Bristlenose Pleco
30 Gallon: 4 Gold Barbs, 4 Cherry Barbs, Multiple tetras, Tons of Bristlenose Plecos, 2 Cory Catfish, 1 Upside Down Catfish, 1 Chinese Algae Eater, 1 Rafael Catfish, 2 Rabbit Snails.
Location (country): USA

WTB -DPs in PA/NJ area

Post by SqkyPckle »

Hello,
I am starting up a Dwarf Puffer tank and plan to get 3 DP's once my tank is fully cycled. Currently the only place in my area with DP's is That Pet Place in Lancaster PA which is over an hour away. I am more than willing to drive there, I don't like shipping fish, but I know DP's are classified as vulnerable so I would prefer tank-raised. I asked the store and they avoided my question, so I have to assume they are wild-caught or they have absolutely no idea.

Anyone know of any tank-raised DP suppliers in my area, or does anyone near me have 3 DP's they're looking to sell?

Thanks very much! :D
hadla
Mbu Puffer
My Puffers: 2 gsps and a big Stars and stripes
Location (country): California

Re: WTB -DPs in PA/NJ area

Post by hadla »

Whaaaaaaat?! They are vulnerable :0 I did not know that. :( sorry I can't help you but thanks for the info
Never trust big puffers. The fingers you save may be your own. -RTR
Hillehaus
Figure 8 Puffer
My Puffers: 1 GSP.
Location (country): United States

Post by Hillehaus »

I actually purchased 3 DPs from "That Pet Place" a couple years ago. When I asked they said their DPs come from a breeder in Florida and were not wild caught. I didn't back check this story but, it was good enough for me. Also, I am about 1.5 hours from the store and all 3 fish survived the trip home, acclimated well, and thrived.
SqkyPckle
Puffer Fry
My Puffers: 5.5 Gallon: 1 Beta fish.
10 Gallon: 3 Dwarf Puffers, 1 Otto, 1 Bristlenose Pleco
30 Gallon: 4 Gold Barbs, 4 Cherry Barbs, Multiple tetras, Tons of Bristlenose Plecos, 2 Cory Catfish, 1 Upside Down Catfish, 1 Chinese Algae Eater, 1 Rafael Catfish, 2 Rabbit Snails.
Location (country): USA

Post by SqkyPckle »

Hillehaus wrote:I actually purchased 3 DPs from "That Pet Place" a couple years ago. When I asked they said their DPs come from a breeder in Florida and were not wild caught. I didn't back check this story but, it was good enough for me. Also, I am about 1.5 hours from the store and all 3 fish survived the trip home, acclimated well, and thrived.
Great to know! I guess whoever I talked to just wasn't aware of the source. I have always liked the fish quality compared to my local petco. Fish from TPP never die while I usually have to buy 2 or 3 extra of a fish at Petco to get some to survive.
Thanks for the info!
Hillehaus
Figure 8 Puffer
My Puffers: 1 GSP.
Location (country): United States

Post by Hillehaus »

No prob. Based on my 2 experiences there, I have a fairly high opinion of TPP. I'd definitely go back if it wasn't so dang far away.