Baby Ceylon Puffers on Ebay

You need it, you want to get rid of it or you have spotted a good deal and want others to know about it? Post about it here.
Forum rules
General Guidelines:
1. TPF Classifieds are intended primarily for advertisement of items related to fish and aquariums.
2. Include your location (City and State or Country) in your post or in your TPF user profile.
3. Posts may include links to commercial sites on the Internet or other commercial sources, but no spamming please :-)
4. No bootlegs, pirated games, spam or any other illegal or objectionable material.
5. Sellers are encouraged to include pictures of the products available for sale.
6. Sellers may "bump" their ad a maximum of three times.

Disclaimer:
- Sellers and buyers accept that this service is offered free of charge. TPF is in no way involved in the actual transaction between buyers and sellers and we cannot guarantee the accuracy of product descriptions or other information posted in TPF Classifieds.

Posting Ads
To help identify what type of classified you are posting, please use the following labels in your post topic:

FS - For Sale ex. FS Dogface in South Carolina
WTB - Wanted To Buy ex. WTB GSP in London area
PALS - Puffer At Local Store ex. PALS Fahaka at PetCo in SanFrancisco
JRC3
Fahaka Puffer
My Puffers: F8(55g)
F8 (46g)
4-DP(29g)
Location (country): U.S.

Re: Baby Ceylon Puffers on Ebay

Post by JRC3 »

PufferGhoti wrote:They are sort of a "happy puffer" even though that is personification of a fish... typically robust and rewarding to have... :D
You are killing me, man! :tongue:

OK, Pufferpedia says highend BW but the Ebay ad says FW; So what SG are we looking at here???

Also what is the growth rate? I alwayy told myself that when it was time to buy a GSP, I would spend the extra for an adult fish. I'd rather have a ceylon.
There are many knowledgeable fish keepers on this forum willing to help and give great advice...The advice is free; What you choose to do with it gives it value.
sgtmyers88
My Puffers: Green Spotted Puffers
Location (country): USA

Post by sgtmyers88 »

SW is the way to go. It is okay to start them out young.
WARNING: Puffers are mischievous little blimps with enchanting powers. You may not be content with having just one.
JRC3
Fahaka Puffer
F8 (46g)
4-DP(29g)

Post by JRC3 »

sgtmyers88 wrote:SW is the way to go. It is okay to start them out young.
How long is comfortable in BW while they are young? I'd need to pick up equiptment slowly off Craigslist. I could house the fish in a 46g and then eventually down the road move my F8 back to the 46g and keep the ceylon in a 55g.

I am really leaning towards doing it.

Darn you, OP

I just ordered one.

I'm excited.
There are many knowledgeable fish keepers on this forum willing to help and give great advice...The advice is free; What you choose to do with it gives it value.
Queen Lucy
Puffer Fry
Location (country): Pennsylvania USA

Post by Queen Lucy »

My Ceylon, Calypso, came to me in freshwater. I slowly acclimated her to a 1.020 SW quarantine tank so she could eventually go into a 55 gal. SW tank with a juvenile GSP. I watched Calypso like a hawk during acclimation and never saw any sign of distress. In fact she was bright and active, snow white tummy. Ate like a pig from the get go. Sorry to be a Puffer Enabler, but I was thrilled to find a Ceylon so reasonably priced. Thought I would pass on the info to the rest of the Puffer Addicts on this forum :lol: :lol:
Queen Lucy
Puffer Fry

Post by Queen Lucy »

I imagine the puffer would do fine in brackish til you set up a permanent home for him. Mine was about 1 1/2 - 2" when I got her. I put her in the SW QT because that is what I had on hand and I wanted to move her and my GSP, who was already in full marine, into their 55 gal. tank together. Someone on this forum will tell us the best brackish SG for a baby Ceylon until you can set up another tank. This site is the best for puffer care!!! It has helped me so much as I began my Puffer Fetish Let us know when your puffer arrives!
hadla
Mbu Puffer
My Puffers: 2 gsps and a big Stars and stripes
Location (country): California

Post by hadla »

Yeah I've only seen ceylons maybe once after Kirby died. She did have a lot of personality, looking back on it now!
Never trust big puffers. The fingers you save may be your own. -RTR
hadla
Mbu Puffer

Post by hadla »

JRC3 wrote:
sgtmyers88 wrote:SW is the way to go. It is okay to start them out young.
How long is comfortable in BW while they are young? I'd need to pick up equiptment slowly off Craigslist. I could house the fish in a 46g and then eventually down the road move my F8 back to the 46g and keep the ceylon in a 55g.

I am really leaning towards doing it.

Darn you, OP

I just ordered one.

I'm excited.
where's the like button for this??? XD can't wait to see pics!!
hadla
Mbu Puffer

Post by hadla »

Damn all of you!!!! Now I want one after looking at the pic on eBay! (And remembering how fun Kirby was) no way that ken would let me get a tank big enough anytime soon though, especially just for 1 fish; he was complaining about Lila being the only fish in the 29g. :(
JRC3
Fahaka Puffer
F8 (46g)
4-DP(29g)

Post by JRC3 »

The seller will probably notify me Monday about shipping and Ebay told me Thursday delivery. I live in OH and the forcast calls for temps on Wed 29/6 and Thur 24/8. I'm guessing the fish will be shipped USPS and my mail comes early and I will be home all day when it comes. Now should I ask the seller to hold up delivery or should the fish be okay with the styrofoam and heat pack. I'm afraid if I ask the seller to hold up the fish may be gone or something.

How do these heat packs work? Are they only good for like 8 hours like a hand warmer?
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Post by Pufferpunk »

Some can be good for as long as 20.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
JRC3
Fahaka Puffer
F8 (46g)
4-DP(29g)

Post by JRC3 »

20 hours...If they ship Priority Mail, USPS shows next day shipping from the seller's zip so that should be OK...But what if it goes the extra day and the box sits in a facilty or a truck somewhere. A facility might be OK. What do you think?

QueenLucy, did your fish come USPS Priority Mail? For me UPS and Fedex deliver late in the day and IME I don't trust Fedex to be on time and not to beat up the package.
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles

Post by Pufferpunk »

Overnight shipping of live animals shouldn't be sitting anywhere!
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

Queen Lucy
Puffer Fry

Post by Queen Lucy »

JRC3, the puffer came USPS priority mail. I picked her up at the post office. I live in a rural area and I didn't want her riding around in a delivery car all day. I call the post office and tell them I am expecting a package (plus I had the tracking number to see where she was). She was in a plastic bag in the box, surrounded with that Styrofoam stuff with foil on it. The bag was bolstered to keep it from rolling around in the box and the heat pack was anchored on the top inside the Styrofoam "box". There was a little heat left in the pack when I received it, and Calypso was fine. I am in northeastern PA and it was quite cold outside. I ordered her prior to a weekend, I think on a Thursday, but the gentleman did not send her until Monday AM just so there was no chance she would sit around at all. True, Priority packages should not be sitting around, but you never know. If I remember correctly I picked her up at the post office early Wednesday morning 7AM. Your little guy should be OK. Keep us posted on your little Ceylon's progress. You will love him!!
JRC3
Fahaka Puffer
F8 (46g)
4-DP(29g)

Post by JRC3 »

Ceylon D.O.A. 72 hour heat pack all used up and arrival water temp at 55 degrees. Overall packaged very well.

I'm just not sure how the origin sort facility got the package at 4:18 am on a Monday. Was the package mailed or dropped of at the Post Office drop box over the weekend to sit and wait til Monday???

Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles

Post by Pufferpunk »

:(
Was this not sent out for overnight delivery?