10"Fahaka puffer FS -$50 near Charlotte, NC

You need it, you want to get rid of it or you have spotted a good deal and want others to know about it? Post about it here.
Forum rules
General Guidelines:
1. TPF Classifieds are intended primarily for advertisement of items related to fish and aquariums.
2. Include your location (City and State or Country) in your post or in your TPF user profile.
3. Posts may include links to commercial sites on the Internet or other commercial sources, but no spamming please :-)
4. No bootlegs, pirated games, spam or any other illegal or objectionable material.
5. Sellers are encouraged to include pictures of the products available for sale.
6. Sellers may "bump" their ad a maximum of three times.

Disclaimer:
- Sellers and buyers accept that this service is offered free of charge. TPF is in no way involved in the actual transaction between buyers and sellers and we cannot guarantee the accuracy of product descriptions or other information posted in TPF Classifieds.

Posting Ads
To help identify what type of classified you are posting, please use the following labels in your post topic:

FS - For Sale ex. FS Dogface in South Carolina
WTB - Wanted To Buy ex. WTB GSP in London area
PALS - Puffer At Local Store ex. PALS Fahaka at PetCo in SanFrancisco
cfl1974
Puffer Fry
My Puffers: 1 Fahaka - Sriracha
Location (country): Waxhaw, NC USA

10"Fahaka puffer FS -$50 near Charlotte, NC

Post by cfl1974 »

We have decided to undertake a major move. Unfortunately, the last time I moved a great distance, my fish did not fare very well. So, we have decided to sell all of our fish locally, rather than risk them. For this reason, I will not consider shipping.

The fahaka in question is ~9 - 10", approximately 2 - 3 years old, and currently living in a 150.
I'm asking $50.

I am located near Charlotte, NC.
Last edited by cfl1974 on Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cfl1974
Puffer Fry

Re: 10"Fahaka puffer FS -$50 near Charlotte, NC

Post by cfl1974 »

Bump - Still Available.
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Post by Pufferpunk »

I am considering a move to where you are from Chicago. I couldn't leave my fahaka behind... I figure some way to get him there!
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
cfl1974
Puffer Fry

Post by cfl1974 »

When I moved from MPLS to NC, I moved a whole fish room of cichlids (heartier than puffers). They all seemed to survive the move just fine...and then, within a month or 2 (with no new fish added) the majority of them died from ich. It did 3 things to me:
1 - Basically killed the hobby for me. I've still been somewhat involved in keeping fish, but my husband has done most of the work. I had to stop caring, as most of my fish were dying, no matter what I did.
2 - I now believe that ich is always present. Stress can give it a toehold.
3 - I will never again move fish that far, if I don't have to.

If no one can give him a good new home, we will move him. Even the stress of moving is probably less of a certain death than the LFS.
I wish you best of luck with your move to Chicago. I hope it goes well for you and your fish.
cfl1974
Puffer Fry

Post by cfl1974 »

Sale pending
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Post by Pufferpunk »

No, FROM Chgo to your area. It'll be a few years still... I think I would go out there, set up a larger tank for him & come home to have him shipped out there.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
cfl1974
Puffer Fry

Post by cfl1974 »

Gotcha. That's basically what we did. My husband already lived here, and he set up some big stock tanks, so they would be ready to go (I moved in the summer) and we moved the fish down one weekend, and then my tanks the next weekend. Used bins with some nitrate sponge in the water & each had a battery operated air pump.

Anyhoo - He's gone. Thread can be closed, or however these are handled here.